Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

HighQue Alternative

I stumbled across a 9" cast iron grate that fits my LBGE perfectly. It used to go on an old chiminea and served as a cooking grid, which I never used. I thought I'd try it on my next cook to see how it worked. Has anyone ever tried one of these?image

Cincinnati

LBGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Gasser

fff.jpg 37.3K
·

Comments

• EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,163
    Looks good. I think that it should offer the same effect as the High Que, since it has slats as opposed to holes like the original CI fire grate. Good job saving 30 bucks!
    ·
  • bodskibodski Posts: 353
    Gives me a little mad money for the butcher this weekend, at least that's how I'm justifying it..

Cincinnati

·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,269
    @bodski  Take that $30 and buy pork butt. Sell the pulled sandwiches for $90. Buy more pulled pork and sell those for $270. The next turn you have a Large Egg paid for all because you did not buy that High Que......
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
    @Mickey I like the way you think! Maybe the little lady will think I'm a genious!?!

Cincinnati

·
    bodski said:
    @Mickey I like the way you think! Maybe the little lady will think I'm a genious!?!
    That or she will order a new stove for the kitchen.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
    HaHa! Have you two been talking???

Cincinnati

·
    No, just been married 44 years.

·
    That explains everything! 38 years here.

Cincinnati

·