Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Lamb chops and?

I am going to grill lamb loin chops for the first time tonight. I just don't know what sides go well with lamb, on egg or not?
·

Comments

• fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 16,650
    vegatable kababs and rice, tabbouleh salad, humus, red onion, syrian bread, labne
    ·
  • NecessaryIndulgNecessaryIndulg Posts: 1,095
    edited January 2013
    I like to boil small potatoes (red, yellow, fingerling, etc) and then toss them with butter, salt and rosemary. Simple, but I think they go really well together.

Lamb Chops Lamb Chops

Sometimes I skewer them and finish them on the Egg before tossing them with butter & rosemary.
    RibEyes & Fingerlings
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences -
    You can find me on Facebook & Instagram, too! 
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,075
    Similar to what Kristi does. I use mini reds and smash them before serving and add a bit more butter

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 10,492
    Don't forget the mint jelly
    ·
  • StoaterStoater Posts: 292
    Tzatziki goes really nice with lamb and new potatoes.
    ·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 4,669
    Last lamb chops I did were with goat cheese polenta.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • Anything goes good with lamb.  Rosemary is supperb with lamb as well as greek seasoning.  New potatoes or small Yukon Golds roasted with rosemary or Greek seasoning and olive oil along with some fresh asparragrass  fixed in whatever fasion you prefer.  I like to take 3 or 4 spears (depending on their size) and wrap them with a narrow strip of prosciutto.  Then roast them in the oven for 10 minutes or so or do them on the egg.
    ·
  • Opps.....I started this answer earlier and just came back to the computer and finished it.  sorry to repeat what Kristi said about the potatoes.
    ·