Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for September? We’re ready as ever for football season! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. Either way they’re sure to become a fan favorite! We couldn’t forget about Labor Day...we have recipes and cook out ideas to celebrate the long weekend no matter what you’re doing. And lastly, be sure to cook up a batch (or five) of bacon for National Bacon Day! We can’t wait to fall into cooler weather with you!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Korean BBQ Beef Short Ribs (Kalbi)

13»

Comments

• Hey Gary- I did this tonight with some prime strips TFJ scored yesterday. I did cut most of the sugar out because I'm avoiding sugar for a while. I didn't miss it but will add it in next time I make it as I'm sure it adds another nice layer of flavor. Whole family loved it! Thanks for finding this one. bookmarked! I put some of the extra marinade on a split head of Bok Choy and grilled that right after I pulled the meat. It made a great little side. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Took several more pics but I'm sober so they were out of focus ;)

• Looks great, C-T!  Glad you liked it. 

:)

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Looks great, C-T!  Glad you liked it. 

:)
    yep- that one is a keeper. Can't wait to try the full recipe but it was great even with less sugar

• Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,407
    Any of you boyz tried my sate recipe?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Any of you boyz tried my sate recipe?
    love Sate. Post it?

It's in recipes under pork. There is a cashew dipping sauce under sauces to but get hold of me before you make that. Couple of changes over the years. I'lll be making it in Salado but it really is good

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Best looking squirrel I've ever seen!
  • Best looking squirrel I've ever seen!
    ................you like tree rat? I think there is a guy who posted one on here a while back. Real interesting fella.

Hahaha yes!

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 15,418
    That the post from big green dave (aka stike)?  Yes, f*kin' hilarious.

• EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,556
    Especially his sommelier experience.
  • yzziyzzi Posts: 1,793
    I bookmarked this as soon as I saw the pictures. No skeptic here. 
    Dunedin, FL
  • NDGNDG Posts: 1,311
    Looks great . . . but far from low carb.  Has anyone seen this video about Sugar?

It has over 3 million views, but to summarize he has two main points: 
    • 1) a calorie is not a calorie (debunks common theory behind weight loss)
    • 2) not only is sugar (fructose) a carb . . but it is lethal  
    I found it interesting . . . take it for what its worth!
    Columbus, Ohio
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,504
    edited January 2013

After all the Korean food Gary has posted I went (could not round up CenTex and Travis) to Korean Kitchens in Killeen (35 years in Killeen) and got Bulgogi. Very good. (not in the running with CenTex as he is in New York)  If Travis ever gets back from the beach and CenTex gets back to Killeen, I will buy guys.

Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,556
    All this talk is giving me a hankering for Honey Pig here in the DC area. I have a 50% off groupon. I think I need to fulfill that
  • esddesdd Posts: 44
    Did you use an Asian pear, or a regular bartlett pear? I am having trouble locating an Asian pear, or an apple pear as it is also called.
  • Esdd,

I used an Asian pear.  We have a fantastic Asian supermarket in Houston, and they have every conceivable Asian product there is.  I don't recognize half of the vegetables in their produce department.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• esdd said:
    Did you use an Asian pear, or a regular bartlett pear? I am having trouble locating an Asian pear, or an apple pear as it is also called.
    I found an asian pear at Walmart yesterday.  Was quite surprised.  I'm in rural northern Illinois.
  • Very nice!  I love the Harley wine glass.   :D
    Flowery Branch, GA  LBGE