Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

New Handle and a couple of catch up pics

Seeing a post about handles reminded me that I never posted my custom handle from Danny's Carvings. He does great work and is really easy to deal with.  Keeping the Asian / Kamado theme for my grill pergola I had my sister design a Koi for a custom handle. Danny had to alter it slightly to fit on the handle but I think it came out great and I really enjoy it. 

I've been traveling and got busy with the holidays so I have not posted in awhile but I still have been giving the BGE a good share of the cooking duties. On Christmas day we were supposed to get a major snow storm but it was more of a light flurry. 

I did the Maple-Bourbon Ham from @egret I used the new Crown Maple for the paste and it turned out to be one of the best hams I've done. It was a spiral cut so no injecting was needed. 

For the Cotton Bowl watch party I made a batch of @cazzy wings which to his recommendation after my first batch, I made the marinade ahead of time and had lots of time for the chili flakes to steep. Even better than last time! Which was good because my Sooners got destroyed by Texas A&M. 

And thanks to this forum and posts from @Griffin and @Doc_Eggerton I picked up a leg rack and did some Carribean Jerk Chicken Legs and some grilled veggies for a tasty meal. 

I wish all my fellow Eggheads good luck in the New Year! 

Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
·

Comments

• calikingcaliking Posts: 7,063
    You've been busy. Great looking food. And love your custom handle - fits very nicely with your outdoor kitchen decor.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • rtt121rtt121 Posts: 645
    I like the handle too..

Where can I get a leg rack??!
    Medium, and XL eggs in Galloway NJ.  Just outside of Atlantic City.  
    ·
  • Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,907
    edited January 2013
    Thanks @caliking I thought it fit quite well. 

@rtt121 I found it at Ace Hardware in the clearance section it was pretty cheap. I think i've seen them at lowes as well. Here is a similar one on amazon.
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
    ·
  • rtt121rtt121 Posts: 645
    Thanks!
    Medium, and XL eggs in Galloway NJ.  Just outside of Atlantic City.  
    ·
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 8,242
    Good stuff! Glad you enjoyed them sir!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
    ·
    Thanks Cazzy! I already have requests for another batch of them for the Super Bowl party! 
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,585
    I haven't seen legs that nice since I watched a Beyonce video.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,408
    henapple said:
    Do some for the SB halftime show. That way, you'll get both.
    ·
  • henapple said:

I haven't seen a good looking leg like that since the Old Man won a major award!

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
    @Fred19Flinstone my shirt finally came in, how did you ever know?

·