Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Is your Big Green Egg still cooking even though it’s cold out? We hope so! We love the opportunity to cook heartier meals on the EGG during the winter. Some recipes you definitely want to try are Double Smoked Potatoes, BBQ Chicken Soup, Monte Cristo Sandwich and Breakfast Quiche. These are sure to keep your stomach warm & full! We can’t wait to see what winter-inspired dishes you cook!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

The story of my egg

I few years back I got really interested in curing meats.  I did a few different things with varied success but really wanted to produce delicious pastrami.  With a few packers cured and smoked on my offset smoker I was getting close.

It was just me and my now fiance living together so a lot of the pastrami would have been wasted (since I was always ready to start another one).  By chance I ran into a neighbor and asked if her and her husband would enjoy some.  Turns out they would live off corned beef and or pastrami.

I got a call after dinner time that same day... ranting and raving about the pastrami.  She said I have this thing I got as a gift and I do not cook.  Would this help you? if so do you want it?

Doing my best to keep the drool from hitting the floor, I went right over and took the medium egg off of their hands.  I send them a pastrami once or twice a year and that offset smoker is still probably sitting at that house (have since moved).

Anyone else "acquire" there egg?
Medium, and XL eggs in Galloway NJ.  Just outside of Atlantic City.  

Comments

• Wasn't so lucky - had to buy mine at full price.
  • rtt121rtt121 Posts: 652
    Getting ready to bite that bullet with an XL :-(
  • Mighty_QuinnMighty_Quinn Posts: 1,878
    I wanted one so went to dealer and bought it.
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 12,070
    rtt121 said:
    Getting ready to bite that bullet with an XL :-(
    You'll be amazed at how much more you get to bite with that size increase. I am in the same boat. I am saving $100/month and May is coming very fast.
  • rtt121rtt121 Posts: 652
    I don't think I will bring myself to do it until after summer.

(I am mostly seasonal and any disposable income is in summer)