Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Humpty Dumpty Had a Great Fall

DAPDAP Posts: 11

I'm not even sure where to start.  I was wheeling my Green Egg back into the garage like I have done many times before being very careful because, as you know, it is very top heavy, and either the caster turned and locked or I ran over a pebble and it start to tip over ann there was nothing I could do.  I was luck that it didn't land on my leg.  The bottom is cracked, the firebox is cracked, the place setter and pizza stone are cracked.  I think the only thing that didn't crack was the lid.

I take responsibility for the the accident, but I have thought to myself dozens of times how dangerous and unstable the large egg is on the wheeled stand.  Anyone else have a similar thought or accident?  Had it been a child rather than me, it could have killed them.

I assume something like this falls outside of warranty.  Any suggestions our there on how to buy replacement parts, if it's worth fixing it or if I just trash the whole thing?

I'm one sad egg!

Comments