Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

You are not going to believe this

MickeyMickey Posts: 16,418
$10. For sandblasting. Thanks for the suggestion. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·

Comments

• \:D/

Wowzers!!

LBGE & SBGE (big momma and pat)
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,320
    I still think you shoulda coughed up the double sawbuck for a new one. Hehehe

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,420
    What smart guy suggested that?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • njlnjl Posts: 811
    Tell me you bought that used and are not responsible for letting it get as rusty as it had gotten.

Sand blasting made it look like new, but I wonder what you could have done by simply wire brushing the loose stuff off and then baking it at high temp and reseasoning it?
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,295
    njl said:

Tell me you bought that used and are not responsible for letting it get as rusty as it had gotten.

Sand blasting made it look like new, but I wonder what you could have done by simply wire brushing the loose stuff off and then baking it at high temp and reseasoning it?

I think that 10 bucks is worth the time and effort on that. I'm quite amazed at how clean it is.
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,219
    Yeah, you need to make your inflatable sex doll wear that as a hat.  brown-chickin-brown-cow! Its so beautiful!

·
  • Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 4,371
    edited January 2013
    I used to be the contract manager for the corrosion control folks at the Kennedy Space Center.  These guys do ablative cleaning for everything from metal structures to critical launch sensitive equipment (the most sensitive being spent Solid Rocket Booster segments).  It is amazing what they can do.  I bet they could blast paint off a balloon without popping it.

Noting how much scale your wheel showed and how new it looks now reminds me of something one of the guys told me.  He said a metal pipe could be clogged solid with corrosion, but when cleaned out the amount of metal lost would be unmeasurable.

Looks great.
    Pasquali Luciano
    Buon appetito to all the BGE family
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,418
    Sprayed with grilling spray and cooking off in the Mini. Will cook about an hour and cut off leaving it in and do again Thursday night and maybe Friday.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,236
    He'll of a $10 spent. That is crazy. Mental note.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • Mickey said:
    Sprayed with grilling spray and cooking off in the Mini. Will cook about an hour and cut off leaving it in and do again Thursday night and maybe Friday.

Now you can throw it back in the box and let it start to rust all over again

·
    That's they way to stimulate the local economy! Good Guy Mickey.
    ·
  • IrishDevlIrishDevl Posts: 1,390
    I don't believe it...
    ·
  • TUTTLE871TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    WOW, Thats pretty cool, Looks better than new.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

·
  • tazcrashtazcrash Posts: 1,851
    Now that is a purdy lil thang
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
    ·
  • never would have thought of it. sweeeeet!!

If its not memorable, its not worth doing.

·
  • td66snrftd66snrf Posts: 774
    Good idea to sandblast.
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
    ·
  • rtt121rtt121 Posts: 645
    A little fishy to me.  Considering your BRAND NEW egg showed up the same day...
    Medium, and XL eggs in Galloway NJ.  Just outside of Atlantic City.  
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,920
    Next time don't leave it in a rubbermaid container with water. You should be ashamed of yourself, Mickey. [-X

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,951
    edited January 2013
    Mickey is known for his sleazy, underhanded tactics to further his causes.  I mean, he's a car salesman for Christ's sake.  His real intentions are to sieze your guns and ammo.  Just wait.  His next post will be an offer to have your guns restored to a "new" condition if you'll send them to him, and he'll use this "slight of hand" trick to entice you..

I sent him my guns, and now I don't have the means to protect my wife, my children, or my neighbors.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

·
    VI, perhaps you should visit:

·

@rtt121

@Griffin

@VillageIdiot

Let me introduce you guys to Mangrates. Or watch the shiny object in my left hand :-??

·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,920
    I am not so easily distracted by.....is that a mangrate? Have you cooked on it yet? How do you like it? Now, where was I? Ahh screw it.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • Mickey said:

@rtt121

@Griffin

@VillageIdiot

Let me introduce you guys to Mangrates. Or watch the shiny object in my left hand :-??

We are all going to be introduced to @mangrates very soon. All I can say, is god help us all :))

·
  • Mickey has taken Three Card Monty to a new level.   :))

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,049
    Interesting hobby you have, Mickey. Buy something, toss it in a corner and forget about it, dig it out, clean it up and pay to restore it, to toss it in a corner and forget about it, dig it out, clean it up etc... 

Looks great. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
    Interesting hobby you have, Mickey. Buy something, toss it in a corner and forget about it, dig it out, clean it up and pay to restore it, to toss it in a corner and forget about it, dig it out, clean it up etc... 

Looks great. 
    Damn Skiddy, you make it sound odd? But I think it is because of you I wanted it fixed. You use it and not the bottom vent. Correct? I want to try that so I don't have to bend over (yep, that lazy).

·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,546
    Mickey said:

@rtt121

@Griffin

@VillageIdiot

Man, those look Great!!!
    Lord, I apologize.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,236
    Mickey please use the mangrates before Salado and give us your review. I am hoping my mangrates tattoo will be justified in due time.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
    Chubbs said:
    Mickey please use the mangrates before Salado and give us your review. I am hoping my mangrates tattoo will be justified in due time.
    I am just not a CI guy and just found out VI is the same. Travis and CenTex will give them a full run. Travis will be back from the beach the first week of Feb and CenTex could by here Tue.

·