Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Who is your egging companion? (3 pictures)

Options
Truck 511
Truck 511 Posts: 33
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Reading the thread started by TNW about his friend "Sampson" really tugged at the ol' heart strings. Seeing so many compassionate posts reinforced what a great group of people contribute on this forum. [p]Along those lines, I was wondering who your egging companion (your pet) is.[p]This is Jack. Short for "General Thomas J. Stonewall Jackson's first brigade of the second corps of the Army of Northern Virginia". I know that the name is historically incorrect but it sounds cool and gets the wife mad.[p]jack.jpg[p]
Always with me when I am egging[p]IMG_0382.jpg[p]IMG_0414.jpg

Comments

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    Truck511,
    My stupid dog "Donkey". Yea, I know it is a cat but for the love of God he is dumb.[p]I'm up late waiting for a storm.[p]Mike

• Car Wash Mike
    Options
    donkey2.jpg
    <p />Truck511,
    Forgot the pic.

• wdan
    wdan Posts: 261
    Options
    Truck511,
    OK, I have now joned the club digital owners and I have a bunch of pix on file. I know I am the 90thousanth person to ask, but how do I post a pik here?

• Car Wash Mike
    Options
    WDAN,
    Go to photobucket.com[p]Free and easy. Stil waiting for that storm to pass.[p]Mike

• Truck 511
    Options
    IMG_0477.jpg
    <p />WDAN,
    1. Go to a free picture hosting web page such as http://www.photobucket.com
    2. Sign up for a free account and login.
    3. Once you are logged in you will see a section to "Add" photos. You will see a "Browse" button. If you click on it, it will go into the files on your computer. Find and picure you like and click "Submit"
    4. somewhere on the photobucket web page you will see your uploaded picure and under it are 3 addresses. These are labled URL, TAG, and IMG.
    5. Copy everything in the TAG box and then paste it in your post. The picture will not be visible until you either preview your post or actually post. While you are writing your message it will look like this: ( I replaced some of the letters with ** so that the picture would not show up and you could see the tag text)[p]<**g src="http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b79/mrichards11/IMG_0483.jpg&quot; alt="Image hosted by Photobucket.com"**>[p]Here is the pic
    IMG_0483.jpg[p]
    Here is another picture entered by using its TAG[p]<**g src="http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b79/mrichards11/IMG_0481.jpg&quot; alt="Image hosted by Photobucket.com">[p]IMG_0481.jpg[p]6. Copying and pasting the TAG allows you to put multiple pics exactly where you want them.[p]7. If you cut and paste the URL into the Image URL box at the bottom of the BGE post, it will put the picture at the top of the page.[p]

[ul][li]http://www.photobucket.com[/ul]
  • SmokingInMO
    Options
    Truck511,
    This would be my smoking partner Dutch[p]Dutch2.jpg[p]A wonderful friend that I have had about 10 years now. About four years ago though she was stricken with back problems common to her breed and lost the use of her back legs. The vets wouldn't do anything saying that it was just something that happened to that type of dog so I left with the option of her never being able to walk or having to put her down. Knowing the next day was going to suck I took it off expecting to have to say goodbye to a good friend. I knew I would feel better if I did the dirty deed rather then a stranger to her I walked outside with the 22 expecting the worst. Something strange happened at that point and I turned around and went back inside, I just couldn't do it, then I came up with a plan. I took apart an old vacuum, an olds kids bike and some velcro straps I "found" in the bedroom (won't go into details) and after four hours of designing and building I came up with the first off road 4X4 dog ass wagon.[p]DutchChair.jpg[p]It was built low enough to let her try to use her back legs and after a couple months in it she had trained herself to walk again. We had a close call but she is out of the chair and back at my side with the egg.

• Truck511,[p]The omnipresent yard varmints are a fixture in front of the egg. I can’t imagine egging without a trusty hound (or terrier or retriever or attentive cat but in my case hound) to help pick up the scraps.[p]I actually have to block the dog door to keep them from spending the entire night sitting in front of the egg when I am doing a brisket or butt. They treat the egg like it is some sort of god – come to think of it, so do I sometimes.[p]I used to think that having the smartest dog was some kind of benefit, but these two have proven me wrong. Far be it from me to call them stupid (insert Forest Gump line here) but they are constantly testing Darwin’s theories without so much as a scratch. What they lack in common sense they make up for, three-fold, in love, companionship, and personality.[p]There’s just something about hounds.[p]very_cute.jpg
    Sparky and Baylee
    mutts_n_egg.jpg
    The obligatory egg/dog photo
    cringe.jpg
    Sparky getting a little too close to the working end of a 1 one year old

• Smokin' Todd
    Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
    Options
    31415279_f791829b43.jpg?v=0
    <p />Truck511,
    He is a big help!
    In a few years he will able to do alot more :)[p]

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Truck511,
    great idea!! . . .[p]here is 'duffy'. ..[p]duffy.jpg
    she is 100 pounds of mixed lab/mastiff. . .rescue league thought she was 3 back in march when we adopted her, but we are convinced she is probably only around 2 by the way she acts. . .her favorite thing in life is to simmply climb in your lap and lick you. .. A LOT . . .she doesn't have an aggresive bone in body...and the freakiest thing, is we weren't looking for a new dog the day we walked by petsmart and the rescue folks were there with a bunch of dogs, but she is literally a clone of old dog that died 5 years ago. ..some things are just meant to be. .

• QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Options
    SmokingInMO,[p]Very cool! Our old dog Jake, who is 15, has had 2 strokes now that have affected his back end a bit. He hasn't lost the use of his legs, but they stop functioning now and then and he just plops down unexpectedly. My vet said that 5 years ago, they would have recommended just what yours did, but that they've found that after a few weeks, dogs learn how to re-use them and while they may not be 100%, they can still maintain a good quality of life. [p]Good for you and glad to see Dutch up and around![p]Tonia
    :~)

• QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Options
    Truck511,[p]We have three egging companions...[p]"Jake" is a 15 year old lab mix, named after Jake Blues, i.e. "The Blues Brothers". He crawled under our fence from the neighbor's yard one day and just stayed! He's had 2 strokes in the past year and a half, but is still the happiest dog. Jake is one of those dogs that is happy about EVERYTHING![p]"Ginger" is a rescued pound puppy who is 4 years old now. She's a rhodesian ridgeback and pit bull terrier mix (we think). She's our huntress and LOVES to spend time searching our property for critters. Her most recent entanglement was with our neighbor's full grown male goat, who made the serious mistake of knocking down a section of fence and coming into our yard. She had that crazy goat by the head (where he must have charged her) and would NOT let go![p]"Crystal" is our rescued pound kitty (also 4), and like another kitty mentioned below, "thinks" she's a dog. She was a surprise birthday present from my hubby (Brutus) on our 15th wedding anniversary, which is where her name came from. 15 years is the "crystal" anniversary.[p]Great idea for a thread![p]Tonia
    :~)

• egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Options
    Georgiana.jpg
    <p />Truck511,
    Here is our Giorgiana waiting patiently for a treat from the egg. She's a delicate little creature who has suffered from a lot of maladies, but I've never seen her suffer from insomnia.......

• Smokin' Todd
    Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
    Options
    I dont have a pet yet, but just wanted to post my right hand man:)
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,740
    Options
    b190e6e8.jpg
    <p />Truck511,
    depending on the mood, this is Abe, Abaco, Ables, AbeNormal.this dog shakes with anticipation when i pick up my weekend hat, or a fishing rod.
    0af5b6bd.jpg
    2005235708.jpg

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Wardster
    Wardster Posts: 1,006
    Options
    fishlessman,
    Question. That last photo, with the sunset... Did I just see somewhere that it won a photo contest????

Apollo Beach, FL
  • The Naked Whiz
    Options
    Truck511,
    Thanks for the thread. I was thinking along those same lines! Here is a photo of Scooby the Wonder Dog in his school uniform:[p]scoobyTV.jpg[p]and then here is one of Scooby after he had a bit too much Christmas cheer (wrapping paper):[p]scoobyxmas.jpg[p]I can't say he's my Egging partner, but he DOES get his share of the results of my Egging. He's a good dog.....[p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • fishlessman
    Options
    2005235649.jpg
    <p />Wardster,
    LOL, no, but i get some spectacular sunsets off my front deck. the dog likes to stand on a small table with his forearms resting on the top railing watching the fish and boats go by

fukahwee maine

• BeauEgg.JPG
    <p />Truck511,
    This is Beaureguard Cadilliac Jackson, or Beau Jackson for short. He is no Hiesman Trophy Winner, but he is a great dog.

• Citizen Q
    Citizen Q Posts: 484
    Options
    Picture001.jpg
    <p />Truck511,
    Here's a pic of Shira from last winter, patiently waiting for "her" ribs to finish. [p]Cheers,
    C~Q

• BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,
    From that look on Donkey's face, I'd say it was you who forgot the fish or chicken... <grin>[p]Ken

• jwitheld
    jwitheld Posts: 284
    Options
    SmokingInMO,
    Good for you!
    patent it and market it.

• WarDamnEagle,[p]I don't have a picture of Beasley (English Springer Spaniel)that I can link......but....he was named after my boyhood hero Terry Beasley[p]War Eagle
  • Dimple's Mom
    Dimple's Mom Posts: 1,740
    Options
    WarDamnEagle,[p]I'm lovin these photos. This one made me LOL. I love all the names too.[p]Gwen
  • Dimple's Mom
    Options
    fishlessman,[p]I can't believe you can hold a fish that close to your dog's face w/out him taking a bite out of it![p]Gwen
  • Spike
    Spike Posts: 37
    Options
    f2f3ce12.jpg.orig.jpg
    <p />Truck511,
    Here is mine and doing what she dose best
    jerry

• Dimple's Mom
    Options
    egret,[p]One of our dogs crosses her front paws like this. So dainty and ladylike![p]Gwen
  • Dimple's Mom
    Options
    Smokin' Todd,[p]In a few years he'll be eating a lot more too! Oh, well, good excuse for a bigger egg!
    Gwen

• Dimple's Mom
    Options
    Truck511,
    I love this thread! Everyone's puppies and kitties are so cute. There is some immensely endearing about a pet who just follows you around with adoring eyes and you can see that in all these photos.[p]We have McKenzie, a 4yo yellow lab that we got from a breeder in Calif. We named her after the McKenzie River in Oregon where my husband's family has had a fishing cabin for almost 40 years and we vacation there every year. I was going to name my first daughter McKenzie but alas three sons later, I decided to get a dog. We also call her Kenzie, Kenz and sometimes Poopsie Dog. She loves to eat and loves other dogs. People are further down on her list.[p]So we decided she needed a friend, seeing as how she loves other dogs so much, so began looking. I decided we wanted a golden and was watching for those, along with other breeds that continually catch my eye (basically anything on four legs comes under this heading) and we found Tag, a 5yo golden. Tag and Kenzie get along great together but Tag is definitely a people dog. He is usually glued to my side. He literally likes to be touching me, which makes walking difficult. We've only had him a few months, but he is my 'special' dog that I believe comes to everyone once in a lifetime.[p]This photo was taken during a recent rib cook. The egg isn't visible in the photo but they were about 2 feet away. They go absolutely frantic when we take food off the egg.[p]136_3685.jpg[p]Btw, how many of you, when you stop to buy fast food to eat in the car also buy a meal for your dog(s)? Come on, now, I *know* I am not the only one![p]Gwen

• fishlessman
    Options
    2005211203.jpg
    <p />Dimple's Mom,
    ive somehow transformed this bird dog into a fishing dog. you cant really see how tense he gets in that picture, however i think youll see it in these. i almost lost him last year as he chased a fish through an ice fishing hole. i got luckey and was able to grab his back leg and pull him back to the surface.
    2005211220.jpg
    2005211254.jpg

fukahwee maine

• Truck 511
    Options
    Truck511,[p]Thanks for all of the great pictures. Everyone has such wonderful pets and I agree with Gwen that the names are killing me.[p]For reasons unknown, I seem to call Jack:
    Floppy Mutt
    Fluffy Mutt and
    Jose.[p]I'm still laughing about a "dumb" cat named donkey. LOL