Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Grill Pads - check em out...

Options
KennyG
KennyG Posts: 949
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
grillpad.jpg
<p />and a tip of the KennyG hat to our manager of research and development Char-Woody for spotting these at a Lowe's home improvement store out thar in Ioway. This is a fireproof "flexible concrete" mat designed to placed under grills and other wood fired or charcoal devices to prevent a fire hazard from stray sparks. With new decking now in place, it was just the ticket for the kid. I'm not worried so much about Humpty as I am about the chiminea that will soon join Humpty and his friends.[p]Oddly enough, I had to go to 3 Lowes stores to finally buy one. They all showed plenty in inventory via the computer but couldn't find them on the floor. The Lowes stock # is 117446.[p]K~G[p]

Comments

• Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    KennyG, exactly what I've been looking for - Thanks!

• Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    FloorMat.JPG
    <p />KennyG, would you believe Lowes is only a few miles away - thanks.

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    Gfw,[p]Nice. This is a good example of the forum at work. KennyG makes a good find and already within a day someone implements it in their own setup. It also helps that you both have digi-cams.[p]Both yours and KennyG's nice setups have just become nicer,
    Cornfed

• KennyG
    Options
    Gfw,[p]You are most welcome my friend![p]K~G[p]

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    KennyG, Yeeeeeehaaaaaa..glad you found em..and might save a few decks and homes. Just the ticket for those apartment verandas also.
    Dang...I kinda like that title....Hey Ed Fisher..are ya looking?? I'm kidding Chazz..really I am..
    Cheers,,,Char-Woody
    (For those that don't know..Chaz is the one responsible for all the new double grill ideas. And I think the table extensions??)
    Good job regardless...

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    KennyG,
    Hmmmm, Lowe's is next to the place I am off to in the next hour. I could use one (actually two) of those for the Humpty twins. I also would like a Chimnea since I have a limitless supply of wood (as long as I can get the wife to go cut down some trees or cut up the fallen ones- I should buy her a chainsaw maybe), but worried about sparks on the wood deck too. I use to burn poplar in a woodstove and I recall opening the door and being greeted by incoming fireballs. Let us know how the Chimnea works for you.[p]BGE has a new guy that is in charge of finding new products - since they don't seem to visit the forum very often - maybe a call to BGE would be in order. A green one would be nice.[p]Cornfed is right - this is a great example of the forum at its best. The trivet was another one.
    Tim

• Unknown
    Options
    KennyG,
    I called up Lowe's here in Titusville, Fl, gave her the Lowes stock no.(117446), lo & behold, they said they had 24 in stock. She went over to where they were supposed to be, by the grills, nothing there. To make a long story short, they finally found them by the patio furniture. Going to pick one up on the way home.
    Thanks for the info.

• RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Options
    KennyG,
    I know where live and now I’ve seen where your egg sleeps… (ha)[p]Boy, I sure do miss Mr. Big.[p]Have you had it with moving and setting up yet?[p]I hope that everything is going well with you.[p]RhumAndJerk

• KennyG
    Options
    RhumAndJerk,[p]I ain't worried. Anyone attempting an unauthorized "borrowing" of Humpty will have to carry that fat boy about 50 yards through a foot of mud. The builder dropped off a couple of truckfulls of topsoil for what will be my lawn and then all that rain. I had to carry the cookers through the house to set up the deck last weekend.[p]BTW, a preview Grand Opening of Eggporium happens this weekend. If you are in the area, stop in for a cold one or three and some World Class munchies.[p]K~G
  • Gordy
    Gordy Posts: 49
    Options
    KennyG, thanks, ran across your post while just searching for ideas for the big holiday weekend. I have plastic deck at the cabin so it will look much better than the cardboard or carpet I have under the nest.[p]