Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

look what mangrates did to the forum

Comments

• EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 10,215

I hear that the Mandarin translation is difficult. I would avoid Chinese characters.

I don't do Chinese lettering tattoos anymore.  I got one on my upper arm that was supposed to say "Born To Ride", but after I got it, a Chinese friend of mine said it reads "Beef With Broccoli".   :((

Me too! Except in my case, I just got a number and a picture from the lunch specials menu.
    ·
  • AleBrewerAleBrewer Posts: 555
    edited January 2013
    Mickey said:
    When I ask where, I don't mean Houston area but where on Gary is the tattoo? I want one as well and would better if we got them alike.
    Mickey,
    I don't think the location would work for you.  For you, maybe the letters "MG".  On mine, I want it to say "Mangrates", but when I get excited, I want it to read "Mangrates, the best darned cast iron grid in the United States".  
    Reminds me of the MIT tattoo joke ;)
    How about the tattoo that BB King's wife got when he was out on the road traveling?

She got a  B  done on each butt cheek.

Upon Mr. King's return, she dropped trou and bent over to show off the new ink.

When she asked BB if he liked it.....he replied...."that's Mangrate baby, but who the hell is BoB??
    ·
  • GezrGezr Posts: 153
    "@Gezr I would stay away from ANY brush like that after reading all the people who get that wire in their stomachs and end up in the ER. Not saying Mangrate's brush would do that, but others do. I do not use any wire brush anymore.

Thanks for the heads-up Mickey, I hadn't heard that before. Just thinking about it makes my fillings jangle.

If you don't think too good, don't think too much.

Afton, VA
    ·
  • I hear that the Mandarin translation is difficult. I would avoid Chinese characters.
    It's going to have to go on the bicep. The tramp stamp area is already covered up with a giant pic of this:

·
  • Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,947
    edited January 2013
    Grace Young.  I'd know her anywhere.

EDIT:  Well, duh.  It had her name in the filename.  But, I wrote it before I saw it.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Gateway to the Hill Country

·
  • The Cen-Tex SmokerThe Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 12,103
    edited January 2013
    Grace Young.  I'd know her anywhere.

EDIT:  Well, duh.  It had her name in the filename.  But, I wrote it before I saw it.
    You should know her. It's your lower back tattoo. It would be weird to put someone you didn't know on there.....like my dale Jr lower back tat. Everyone knows junior. That's what makes it cool.

·
    CT, that gives a new meaning to "the breath of the wok".
    ·
  • I already have one on my lower back.  But, I'm trying to have it taken off.  I asked the dumb **** to put Bar-B-Que-er on my back, and he put Bar-B-Queer.  Everybody laughs at me when I take my shirt off.

~X(

Dripping Springs, Texas.

·
  • You could always use Dr. Turlington's Lower back Tattoo Remover:

I really wish this video would embed but it's definitely worth a watch. One of my all time faves

I already have one on my lower back.  But, I'm trying to have it taken off.  I asked the dumb **** to put Bar-B-Que-er on my back, and he put Bar-B-Queer.  Everybody laughs at me when I take my shirt off.

~X(

·
  • You could always use Dr. Turlington's Lower back Tattoo Remover:

Hilarious !   =))

Dripping Springs, Texas.

·
  • cazzy said:
    henapple said:
    I'm really disappointed that Peyton Mangrate won't be in the playoffs anymore.
    You can get your daily dose from him here.  

Also, I think Mike McCarthy meant mangrate instead of manhole.

Dude- that is funny right there.

·
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 6,903
    edited January 2013
    cazzy said:
    henapple said:
    I'm really disappointed that Peyton Mangrate won't be in the playoffs anymore.
    You can get your daily dose from him here.  

Also, I think Mike McCarthy meant mangrate instead of manhole.

Dude- that is funny right there.
    Sure is!  I have watched it a few times, and still crack up.
    Just a hack that makes some **** BBQ...
    ·
  • BrownieBrownie Posts: 1,022
    Bad lip reading had me cracking up
    ·
  • AleBrewerAleBrewer Posts: 555
    Couldn't see the video until now.....that was some funny shite right there!

Sweet Mangrates....that was good!
    ·
    Indeed it was. Indeed is was. Mangrates to Betsy!
    ·
  • BoomerBoomer Posts: 115
    edited January 2013
    Mickey said:
    Got here today to let people use at the Salado EggFest March 16th and then give away. This package was heavy. Had 4 4X15 grates and a brush in it. Told VI I would send him two to try out and bring back to the Fest in March Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    @Mickey, Wow, that is a really nice setup, I hope these get used and abused, as they only get better with use. I hope VI's pics are Grate, I also understand they will be coming out with a 1/2 MOON :)
    VI, Hope you can do some Checkered marks and also the Diamond pattern.
    Cheers...
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 15,797
    edited January 2013
    @Boomer     Slight change. Travis and CenTex will try them out till the Salado Fest. I will take what each of them say to the bank.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max +++ 5th Salado EggFest is March 14, 2015 http://saladoeggheadgathering.blogspot.com

·
    edited January 2013
    @Mickey I'm wondering why they can't begin to use them now? They can get familiar with them and start posting reviews and most importantly, pics. My .02
    ·
  • Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,947
    edited January 2013
    Boomer said:
    @Mickey I'm wondering why they can't begin to use them now? They can get familiar with them and start posting reviews and most importantly, pics. My .02
    Yond Boomer has a lean and hungry look,
    He thinks too much; such men are dangerous.  (Wm. Shakespeare)

Dripping Springs, Texas.

·
    edited January 2013
    Boomer said:

Travis is at the beach and hot tubbing with his uncle in Ca till first week of Feb. CenTex will come thru Salado Tue of next week. Then they will be out. VI is like me in that CI is just not important.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max +++ 5th Salado EggFest is March 14, 2015 http://saladoeggheadgathering.blogspot.com

·
  • IrishDevlIrishDevl Posts: 1,390
    How do I create an @ member link like above?
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,697
    Type @ and then the person's name. No space between.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,697
    Sometimes you have to add a _ if there is a space in their name.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
    Grif, I tried to @ CT on a thread the other day, but it only highlighted the "The" in his name, with or with out the underscore. Like this @The Cen-Tex Smoker or @The_Cen-Tex_Smoker. 

Thoughts?
    ·
  • billyraybillyray Posts: 1,116

@Eggcelsior After typing @, highlight and control c the whole name, then control v it next to the @ with no space. Like this @The Cen-Tex Smoker

Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small and waiting on a mini
    ·
  • I found the one way to do it where nobody can @ me. 

It has never worked. If anyone can figure it out, let me know

·
    I just type the @ and copy (rolling over name) and paste.

·
    billyray said:

@Eggcelsior After typing @, highlight and control c the whole name, then control v it next to the @ with no space. Like this @The Cen-Tex Smoker

Thanks @billyray

@The Cen-Tex Smoker, enjoy the needless mentions.

That seems to work!
    ·
  • billyray said:

Thanks @billyray

@The Cen-Tex Smoker, enjoy the needless mentions.

That seems to work!
    There we go! First time ever.

·
    edited January 2013

@Mickey, Is there anyone in Salado or the surrounding areas that wanna take the Mangrates for a test run now that you have them in your hands?

Its almost like having a Bathtub and not using it :(

Can you just try them, Eventhough youre allergic to ci? i promise that nothing will happen to you other than, You'll love them...

LOL!

·