Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

"Top Notch" Customer Support

I emailed Bruce @ Big Green Egg along with a picture of my gasket,which is looking pretty rough. Very Crispy flakes away if touched. His reply was "I have no problem replacing your gasket under warranty", now that is support ! No bickering no nothing just boom ,here you go.
Ova B.
Fulton MO
·

Comments

• SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,148
    I have heard nothing but great things about the folks at the "Mothership". Did you approach your dealer? If not why not? Just curious. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • FanOfFanboysFanOfFanboys Posts: 1,845
    I emailed him as well. Had gasket at my house within few business days. @skiddymarker I once mentioned to my dealer about my gasket while picking up few items and they tried to sell me a gasket. That I can't cook without one, ruins everything (temp, charcoal, warranty). I told them BGE replaces them for free and that gaskets aren't req'd. She got annoyed and stopped helping and just waited at the register rest of time.
    Boom
    ·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,148
    @FanOfFanboys - Thanks. My dealer is excellent as are probably many other dealers. 

Given the number of times I have heard folks talk about the poor quality of dealer service from BGE dealers I am amazed how can such a great company allow some of these folks to sell their product. No wonder many seem to deal directly with BGE. 

Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • I have heard nothing but great things about the folks at the "Mothership". Did you approach your dealer? If not why not? Just curious. 
    I did e-mail the dealer and have heard nothing from him, so I sent the e-mail to Bruce.I have not been happy with the dealer I bought my egg from ever since he got my money !
    Ova B.
    Fulton MO
    ·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,462

I have heard nothing but great things about the folks at the "Mothership". Did you approach your dealer? If not why not? Just curious. 

I did e-mail the dealer and have heard nothing from him, so I sent the e-mail to Bruce.I have not been happy with the dealer I bought my egg from ever since he got my money !

My dealer went belly up in ATL. I called to get a replacement gasket and got denied because I didn't have proof of purchase. I can't keep a receipt 2 minutes. Much less a year. Had to get a nomex
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • FanOfFanboysFanOfFanboys Posts: 1,845
    I received a free package of fire starters from my dealer for Christmas.  Thought was pretty cool.

very cool. Something that cost a dealer very little and they gain a loyal customer more often than not
    Boom
    ·