Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Get ready to turn up the heat as we dive into August. While there are only a few weeks left to perfect those tailgate recipes, summer isn’t over yet! Two things we’ll be making this month are Chile Rubbed Grilled Pork Chops and Bell Pepper Kabobs. Then, relax after a cookout with a cool dessert cooked on your EGG - Ice Cream Sandwiches! You can mix and match your favorite cookie flavors with ice cream flavors. Simple, yet delicious!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Bacon wrapped pork tenderloin

Tonights dinner. What my daughter calls "pig mignon".  Seared the bacon on the tenderloin at 500, 2  minutes each on four sides.  Pulled it and let the temp drop to 250 and put it back on and brought the internal temp to 130. Served it with applesauce it was a big hit. Sides were cauliflower, carrot and zucchini medley and mac and cheese.

XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser

Comments

• chad408chad408 Posts: 140
    130 seems low for cooking pork thought had to atleast hit 145. Please inform me. I always cook to 145
  • r270bar270ba Posts: 763
    Looks great.  I have pulled at 130 before.  Tenderloin is so small it will continue to cook once pulled.  I like to have a nice pink center in the middle.  
    Anderson, SC
    XL BGE, Father's Day Gift 2012 (Thanks Fam!!!)
    Webber Kettle and Webber Summit Gasser
    Want List: Thermapen, Small BGE, Wok, Adjustable Rig, Food Saver, More $

• Simple and delicious... love it!

@chad408 -- I like mine between 135-140F, so I pull it around 130 and let it "coast up" while it rests.
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences -
    You can find me on Facebook & Instagram, too! 
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,598
    Looks delicious! LOL at "Pig Mignon"...that's clever. :)
  • USDA says 145, but I think that's the CYA temp.  I pull at 130-135 and with little carry over its fine.  Agreed, a little pink in the middle is goooood.
    Flowery Branch, GA  LBGE
  • smokesniffersmokesniffer Posts: 1,799
    Good looking cook. Tenderloin is good by itself, you just kicked it up a notch with the added bacon. Gotta get this cook back into the rotation. Thanks for the post.
  • jbates67jbates67 Posts: 160
    I believe I'll be doing this tonight with my tenderloins.
  • Great new idea for me to try. Just got my large BGE for Christmas and cooked pork ribs twice. I will try this one next weekend. Doing a packer brisket tonight.
    Large BGE
  • tulocaytulocay Posts: 1,737
    Good looking cook. I'm doing 2 tenderloins tonight, sans the bacon.
    LBGE, Marietta, GA