Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

RUST----my bad

2»

Comments

• MickeyMickey Posts: 16,504
    Skiddymarker I have been told of doing like you do. It would be easer than bending over and the sliced finger worry. Going to have to try
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• StoaterStoater Posts: 292
    Mickey said:
    I do not use these but don't want like this. Found in a storage bin that had gotten water in it. How do I fix it and what do I put on it for extended storage? Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Try this,  I almost gave up on cast iron cookware, then a little old granny gave me this tip, I asked her how she got her cast iron muffin trays lookin so lovely, this was the answer, by the way the cast iron cookware I was looking at were her grannies, so she told me:

All I know is it worked on my lodge pans, but you can nuke that rust off with that nuclear egg of yours.

Cheers.
    @Stoater. Wow that looks good
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,910
    edited January 2013
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • @Mickey

First, you had a problem because your wok was so rusty you had to throw it away.  Now your DMFT is so rusty it looks like it was salvaged from a 17th century shipwreck.

Suggestion:  If you'd quit peeing on your metal things then leaving them outside, they might fare better.  
    :))

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• ParallelParallel Posts: 427
    Metal Rescue Rust Remover It works very well.

Every time my elbow bends my mouth flies open.
  •  "Where the weak grow strong and the strong grow great, Here's to "Down Home," the Old North State!"

Med & XL

• td66snrftd66snrf Posts: 774

Sand blast it and paint with some hi temp paint.  Shipping might be cost prohibitive but if you could get it to me, I could blast it for you. It would be no big deal.

Tim in SoCal

XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
    Taking it to a sandblast place Wed. They said $10 before they saw it.

• Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,360

Don't they have a machine in your bodyshop Mick?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• I would take it apart before you blast it ! Season it and put it back together.
    Ova B.
    Fulton MO

Don't they have a machine in your bodyshop Mick?

Steven body shops in dealerships make a lot of money or they un-make a lot of money. We shut ours down years ago be course of the latter.