Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

RUST----my bad

2»

Comments

• MickeyMickey Posts: 16,467
    Skiddymarker I have been told of doing like you do. It would be easer than bending over and the sliced finger worry. Going to have to try
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • StoaterStoater Posts: 292
    Mickey said:
    I do not use these but don't want like this. Found in a storage bin that had gotten water in it. How do I fix it and what do I put on it for extended storage? Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Try this,  I almost gave up on cast iron cookware, then a little old granny gave me this tip, I asked her how she got her cast iron muffin trays lookin so lovely, this was the answer, by the way the cast iron cookware I was looking at were her grannies, so she told me:

All I know is it worked on my lodge pans, but you can nuke that rust off with that nuclear egg of yours.

Cheers.
    ·
    @Stoater. Wow that looks good
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,907
    edited January 2013
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
    ·
  • @Mickey

First, you had a problem because your wok was so rusty you had to throw it away.  Now your DMFT is so rusty it looks like it was salvaged from a 17th century shipwreck.

Suggestion:  If you'd quit peeing on your metal things then leaving them outside, they might fare better.  
    :))

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

·
  • ParallelParallel Posts: 416
    Metal Rescue Rust Remover It works very well.

Every time my elbow bends my mouth flies open.
    ·
  •  "Where the weak grow strong and the strong grow great, Here's to "Down Home," the Old North State!"

Med & XL

·
  • td66snrftd66snrf Posts: 774

Sand blast it and paint with some hi temp paint.  Shipping might be cost prohibitive but if you could get it to me, I could blast it for you. It would be no big deal.

Tim in SoCal

XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
    ·
    Taking it to a sandblast place Wed. They said $10 before they saw it.

·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,351

Don't they have a machine in your bodyshop Mick?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • I would take it apart before you blast it ! Season it and put it back together.
    Ova B.
    Fulton MO
    ·

Don't they have a machine in your bodyshop Mick?

Steven body shops in dealerships make a lot of money or they un-make a lot of money. We shut ours down years ago be course of the latter.

·