Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Anyone near Lexington, KY

This just showed up this morning on Ebay. Looks like a good deal if it is what they say it is.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Large-Big-Green-Egg-with-cover-and-accessories-/111001072200?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19d82df248#ht_159wt_907

Hope it works out for someone.

XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
·

Comments

• That is a great deal, assuming it's in good condition.  The pictures are terrible.  I live just a few hours from Lexington, but just bought a large - too bad.
    ·
  • YEMTreyYEMTrey Posts: 2,431
    I live in Cincy.  If there were better pic's of the Egg, I would look more into it.
    XL and a Mini Max Egg in Cincinnati, Ohio
    ·
  • bodskibodski Posts: 362
    edited January 2013
    The inside looks awfully dark for being used 3 times. At least the photo looks that way.

Cincinnati

LBGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Gasser

·
  • td66snrftd66snrf Posts: 774
    bodski said:
    The inside looks awfully dark for being used 3 times. At least the photo looks that way.

I agree. I didn't really look that close.  I just thought if someone was close and could end up with an Egg for a good deal it would be a win/win.
    ·
  • bodskibodski Posts: 362
    If I was closer, I'd check it out in person. Good price. Thanks for spreading the word.

Cincinnati

LBGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Gasser

·
  • Somebody should have done the "buy it now" option - it's now higher than that.  :-)
    ·
  • nashbamanashbama Posts: 102
    I've used mine 5 or 6 times, it's no where near as dark as that. I haven't done an overnight smoke yet (taking care of that this weekend), but I'm skeptical that it's only been used three times.

Plus, they say that it retails for over $1,200. The ones in the Middle TN area are going for $750 without the nest. If they did actually pay that much, why start the bidding at less than half?

·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,297
    Perhaps he looked up the "Mint" pricing in Kelly Egg Book and is hoping that this will drive the price up to something close to what you stated. In my area, they are closer to a grand.
    ·
  • Someone should have really done a "buy it now" at $450 - it sold for $740!
    ·
  • td66snrftd66snrf Posts: 774
    ·