Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

STANDING RIB ROAST "FIRST TRY"

Options

So I attempted my first standing Rib Roast a couple weeks ago and was surprised at the overall ease. I was a little nervous that I was going to ruin such an expensive cut of meat but i think it turned out excellent. I rubbed with a mixture of salt, pepper, garlic salt, montreal beef seasoning, and fresh garlic. Cooked at 300 until internal was 125 degrees then pulled it off and put it in the oven for 5 minutes at 550 for a quick reverse sear. Any feedback "positive or negative" would certainly be appreciated.  Thanks in advance!

Crunk

Comments

• troutgeek
    troutgeek Posts: 458
    Options
    Yep. Looks great! For simplicity, I just use the Mad Max method via Whiz. Get the egg up to 500. Place the roast on indirect grid, and shut down to 325. Start checking internal temps after 2 hours. Pull when 125 or 130 or so. Super easy, and easy to impress.
    XL BGE - Large BGE - Small BGE - Traeger Lil' Tex Elite - Weber Smokey Joe
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Looks fantastic! I love reverse searing. It really simplifies the cook. How was the seasoning? Someone likes salt, pepper, and garlic!
  • r270ba
    r270ba Posts: 763
    Options
    Looks awesome and so does the Mac and cheese! Recipe for Mac and cheese you care to share?
    Anderson, SC
    XL BGE, Father's Day Gift 2012 (Thanks Fam!!!)
    Webber Kettle and Webber Summit Gasser
    Want List: Thermapen, Small BGE, Wok, Adjustable Rig, Food Saver, More $

• NibbleMeThis
    NibbleMeThis Posts: 2,295
    Options
    It sounds and looks like it turned out just fine, especially if you were please with the results.  Is there anything that you would slightly change next time? 
    Knoxville, TN
    Nibble Me This
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Looks great from here!  Nice job.  I would be happy with that if it was my first or my 10th! 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    @crunk - nice cook. I am a big fan of reverse searing, it is faster in the egg. 

Nice meal, looks really good. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!