Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for September? We’re ready as ever for football season! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. Either way they’re sure to become a fan favorite! We couldn’t forget about Labor Day...we have recipes and cook out ideas to celebrate the long weekend no matter what you’re doing. And lastly, be sure to cook up a batch (or five) of bacon for National Bacon Day! We can’t wait to fall into cooler weather with you!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Ahi steaks

This was easy but good, cooked at 450 for 3 min a side
image.jpg 816.3K
image.jpg 929.3K
image.jpg 801K

Comments

• henapplehenapple Posts: 14,676
    Looks good. Any seasoning?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • johnkitchensjohnkitchens Posts: 3,879
    That looks good. Your egg still looks new. I have only cooked on mine 6 times and it is BLACK as night on the inside. 
    Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • DMOTSDMOTS Posts: 29
    Basic salt and pepper with olive oil and garlic powder then during cook add fresh lemon juice. Yes it is new but I have cooked 6 or 7 times and a 14 hour brisket
  • How was it cooked in the center?  I've been thinking about doing an Ahi sear sometime in the near future, but its hard to get my hands on a fresh cut in MS. 
    Hunter - LBGE

Oxford, MS
  • solasola Posts: 118
    Put mine on, sing the ABC's, flip it, repeat ABC's & pull it. That's a quick cook to light the egg for.
  • DMOTSDMOTS Posts: 29
    It is hard to get fresh but at Traders Joe's you can get the best fresh frozen, if you have one in your area. as for inside cook it is a little pink just where you want it. most eat as sushi - not for me. They do cook fast at 450 so watch them close. 
  • solasola Posts: 118
    I am lucky enough to be able to catch my own fairly closely. Can't beat a fresh tuna steak. I like soy sauce & minced garlic. Little wasabi on the side.