Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Get ready to turn up the heat as we dive into August. While there are only a few weeks left to perfect those tailgate recipes, summer isn’t over yet! Two things we’ll be making this month are Chile Rubbed Grilled Pork Chops and Bell Pepper Kabobs. Then, relax after a cookout with a cool dessert cooked on your EGG - Ice Cream Sandwiches! You can mix and match your favorite cookie flavors with ice cream flavors. Simple, yet delicious!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Pot roast on the egg

Making a pot roast on the egg today. Got a 4 lb chuck roast. Carrots, potatoes, onions, celery, beef and chicken broth, red wine, garlic and most important. A little dizzy pig cow lick on the roast. Will post pics later. Guessing a 5 hour cook at 300 in a open Dutch oven.

Sitting next to the egg enjoying a nice cigar but the smell from the egg is awesome. Going to need a snack to hold me over.

Garnerville, NY

Comments

• henapplehenapple Posts: 14,600
    What kind of cigar? Having a Tatuaje Coronu.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • robnybbqrobnybbq Posts: 1,807
    Arthuro Fuente Hemmingway short story. Accompanied be a Spaten Oktoberfest

Garnerville, NY
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,475
    Sounds great. Jealous.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,600
    I love the anejo...too bad it's seasonal.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • You are obviously smarter than I - sitting outside with your egg and smoking a nice cigar.  I suspect you are further south than Minneapolis.   Attaching photo of a pot roast on the BGE - the best pot roast ever.  Enjoy.your meal!

Elmer Fudd

Minneapolis / St. Paul. Large & Mini
  • robnybbqrobnybbq Posts: 1,807
    Well it came out so so.  The meat was dry and the veggies were mush but I cooked the meat to 210.  I do not know what went wrong.  it was OK but not on my must repeat list.

I am in NY - Was a warm day for January.

Garnerville, NY