Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Merry Christmas and may your holiday be filled with delicious food and loved ones...to help you devour the food! Our Holiday Entertaining Guide can help if you’re still making a Christmas menu. If you’re looking for fun, last minute holiday activities, check out EGGcellent Sugar Cookies, BGE Cake Pops, Santa Hat Brownies, Pig Candy or Holiday Drinks! See you in the New Year EGGheads!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Humpty Dumpty Had a Great Fall

DAPDAP Posts: 11

I'm not even sure where to start.  I was wheeling my Green Egg back into the garage like I have done many times before being very careful because, as you know, it is very top heavy, and either the caster turned and locked or I ran over a pebble and it start to tip over ann there was nothing I could do.  I was luck that it didn't land on my leg.  The bottom is cracked, the firebox is cracked, the place setter and pizza stone are cracked.  I think the only thing that didn't crack was the lid.

I take responsibility for the the accident, but I have thought to myself dozens of times how dangerous and unstable the large egg is on the wheeled stand.  Anyone else have a similar thought or accident?  Had it been a child rather than me, it could have killed them.

I assume something like this falls outside of warranty.  Any suggestions our there on how to buy replacement parts, if it's worth fixing it or if I just trash the whole thing?

I'm one sad egg!

Comments