Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Salado in 60 Days

And so begins another week, one that is closer to Salado Eggfest Day, just 60 days from now: March 16, 2013.

Yes, 60 days, or for those of you who can't read numbers, Sixty Days.

So you've got some planning to do and maybe even some practicing if you're going to register as a Cook and introduce the Tasters to something really special.

And there's that "Registration" thing. You know - so we can better estimate how many people are coming and how many of them plan to cook, and how many candles we need to burn to make sure it doesn't rain. Here's the registration link in case you forgot:

http://saladoregistration.blogspot.com/

If you're totally in the dark about what I'm talking about, go here:

http://saladoeggheadgathering.blogspot.com/

Yes, it's a fun event.

So, until the next time I remind you - See you in Salado...

Spring "Fest Scribe" Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Comments

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Looking forward to it.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • rtt121
    rtt121 Posts: 653
    Are the people listed under "Who is coming to Salado" a list of cooks or a complete guest list?
    Medium, and XL eggs in Galloway NJ.  Just outside of Atlantic City.  
  • rtt121
    Never fested before.  But have a good friend begging to come visit in Houston... thinking about saying yes... under one condition...
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Ok, it's been an hour @rtt121 what is the condition?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Mickey said:
    Based on the the thread he started, I think it's that he gets a set of Mangrates   ;)

I think I am definitely in. My FIL was here this weekend for his birthday and brought it up. I just need to find the right price on Austin airfare.
  • Never been to an eggfest but I am planning on being there with my wife. Sounds like a good time!
  • Mickey
    Mickey said:
    Based on the the thread he started, I think it's that he gets a set of Mangrates   ;)

I think I am definitely in. My FIL was here this weekend for his birthday and brought it up. I just need to find the right price on Austin airfare.
    Be sure and look into both SouthWest and JetBlue. Be glad to have you.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Eggcelsior
    Almost always SW. I will check JB. We usually do Continental into Houston since it's their main hub. That Austin puddle jump adds a lot, though.
  • rtt121
    Mickey said:
    hah.  I thought it was self explanatory.. sorry.

On the condition we drive to Salado!
  • rtt121 The list shows everyone who is coming.  Among them are about 25 registered cooks so far.

Spring "Fest Scribe" Chicken

• Mickey
    rtt121 said:
    Mickey said:
    hah.  I thought it was self explanatory.. sorry.

On the condition we drive to Salado!

Where are you coming from?

• Mickey
    Almost always SW. I will check JB. We usually do Continental into Houston since it's their main hub. That Austin puddle jump adds a lot, though.

We are 60 miles from the Austin Airport. About 180 from Houston's.

• rtt121
    Houston.  I don't mind driving.. always liked it.  Except for the cost of gas.
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    edited January 2013
    Ya got a prize for the longest distance traveled? I need some of them mangrates

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Eggcelsior
    Mickey said:

We are 60 miles from the Austin Airport. About 180 from Houston's.

My FIL has a home in Spring and just built his retirement home in Georgetown. I'll need to figure out the logistics.
  • Mickey
    Ya got a prize for the longest distance traveled? I need some of them mangrates
    Looks like @SpringChicken and I need to talk.