Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

best lump for pizza, natural smoke flavor related

I've been using RO since the begining and not sure I like the taste it leaves on the pizza. Do the different lumps leave a different flavor of natural smoke, if so what's best for pizza.

My pizzas come out great but that smoke flavor at the end I get is not my favorite. How do the wood burning places avoid the Smokey flavor.
Seattle, WA
·

Comments

• TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    Wicked Good Weekend Warrior has very little smoke flavor. Very neutral, great burning, and you can add all the smoke you want with wood when you want. My go to lump when baking and when I don't want the smoke flavor.
  • Max232Max232 Posts: 76
    I have always had that smokey flavor also with pizzas, especially when reheating the pizza the next day. This week I tried wicked good, and made pizza Friday. After reheating it sat and tonight there was no smoke flavor( even the kids noticed it) I can't be positive untill I run more test :D

Stereo egging w/ xl and med eggs! BBQ guru

http://www.facebook.com/BeerGutsAndPorkButtsBbq

·
  • I've had some good, not too smoky pizza cooks use BGE lump. It's a little on the expensive side but lights and burns well, plus it's fairly neutral yet easy to supplement.

B_B
    Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
    ·