Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My first brisket,pray for me!

It's been in for almost 4 hours now at just under 300 (Only a 3 lber from the local market) I checked the temp about an hour ago and it only got to about 145.I got a ways to go but I was wondering if finishing in a pressure cooker after the 1 hour cool down would work to speed things up?
Still a Rookie after 3 years and always will be learnin'. Love my LBGE!

Comments

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Just leave it on egg until 195 and then start checking for fork tender. Patience my friend. I have learned to never speed it up. Sit back and enjoy with a beverage.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • LOL, thanks Chubbs that's just what I did. It's cold as hell outside(For California) so I grabbed a beer and a brandy and will wait it out. Thanks for the comment.
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    How's it coming?
    Greensboro, NC
  • DMOTS
    DMOTS Posts: 29
    I did my first brisket yesterday and it was a roller coaster all day but everyone said sit tight and let it run and it will work itself out and guess what, it did and it was great. Have another beer and watch the temp on the meet and do as they have suggested, pull at 195 to 200 wrap in blanket, put in ice chest to keep hot for a few hours then eat.
  • Wolfpack thanks for asking,I just pulled it off at 200 and have it wrapped in foil and in the cooler. It smells terrific.I am blessed that I am married to the most patient woman in the world.It's 7:00pm and we're hungry but understand we have to let it sit.I put it in the Egg at 12:30 and didn't think a 3 lb brisket would take this long but live and learn.

I love the Egg and really enjoy this forum for support.
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Let us know the taste- I am still struggling for the right brisket. Mine have been a little too dry to date. Hope your is perfect.
    Greensboro, NC
  • Turned out a tad bit dry but I absolutely love the flavor.I get that it is all a process thanks to all of you guys on the forum.Jump in and do it!I have added it to some wonderful home made BBQ sauce I received for Christmas and the meal turned out terrific.

Thanks to all!
  • SmokinDAWG82
    SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,705
    Looks good, keep practicing...That's whats great about the egg You get to practice
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA