Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Reverse sear

I have done reverse sear on a few things like prime rib, but I was wondering if anyone does it with 3" pork chops or 3" steaks. Here are some pics of my high temp 600degree cooks. Which were great, but always trying to raise the bar
image.jpg 210.7K
image.jpg 266.3K
·

Comments

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,938
    Sure does.

·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,146
    Love it, do it all the time. Reverse sear is the closest us poor guys get to the new "sous vide" foodie craze. Looks excellent. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • jscarfojscarfo Posts: 399
    It seems like it would be easier to control the temp, get it close then sear it. It's hard to check temp when it 6 or 7 hundred degrees
    ·
  • Crispix49Crispix49 Posts: 190
    Is that a Mangrate you have on top of your grid?
    Atlanta suburbs
    Large & Mini owner
    UGA Alum - Go Dawgs!
    ·
  • jscarfojscarfo Posts: 399
    Ha no just a piece of a cast iron grate from Home Depot
    ·