Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost Halloween and if you’re cooking on your EGG, you may end up with more people knocking on your door asking for pork chops than candy! In case you’re willing to share and want to please a crowd, we recommend warm Margherita Pizza, FGL’s Lemon Pepper Wings or our favorite, S’mores in a Cone!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Not bad for $5 manager special

I wanted to try my hand at the "reverse sear," but I didn't want to use nice steaks as my test subjects.  So I picked up some "manager special" pork chops for $5 to give it a go.  I coated the chops with DP Raging River and put them on indirect at around 250* dome with a few chunks of apple.  After about 25 minutes or so, the chops were at 120.  I didn't want to wait for the egg to heat up, so I put the chops on my gasser's infrared burner for about 1 min each side.  The chops were 150 at that point, so I think I went just a little too long.  For $5, they were pretty darn good.  I can't wait to try the reverse sear on some nice steaks or a top quality thick cut chop.  Please excuse my poor photography and plating skills.

Comments