Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Gasket Help!

Options
I am a new Egg owner only 3 cooks in - Everything I have done has been great - The latest were ribs - no foil no bath just low and slow and amazing - HOWEVER - it seems i dripped BBQ sauce on my gasket and the next day it was stuck. I lifted the lid and before i knew it the gasket separated from itself - It is still attached to the egg but a cross-section of itself is separated - I will try and attach pics - any suggestions? It seems to still be sealed - but I was already mad about a 1/8" underbite - and now this!!!

Comments

• 2SCdoodlegg
    Options
    We too got a few good cooks in and the gasket went out on the 3rd one... a pizza.  We replaced it with a gasket we ordered from a web site and have been good for the past 8 months.
    1large BGE and 1 well used mini BGE living in coastal South and North Carolina!
  • EggAg99
    EggAg99 Posts: 21
    Options
    This is the new high heat one i think. This seemed to be my fault with the sauce. Wondering if I should replace that little piece on top and bottom or just let it be
  • DaveM
    DaveM Posts: 100
    Options
    My gasket dissolved/broke after just a few smokes as well. I haven't replaced it and have noticed no difference at all - both high temprature cooks as well as long overnight smokes. The fire still goes out fine when I shut it down. Not sure what the value of it is.
    --Dave from Leesburg, VA BGE XL, Viking 42", Firepit with $16 grill