Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

What other websites do you visit?

I'm wanting to build a list of the websites that others from the Big Green Egg community like to visit on a regular basis.  

Please share any website, it doesn't have to just be a site on the BGE, I want to see what others turn to for information, inspiration, etc. 
·

Comments

• MickeyMickey Posts: 16,472
    edited January 2013
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • bweekesbweekes Posts: 478
    Ajax, ON Canada
    (XL BGE, KJ Jr., La Caja China #2)
    ·
  • 90% here. 10% bbq breathren. Haven't been there in weeks

·
  • gdenbygdenby Posts: 4,578
    Thirdeye

used to post a lot to the Egg forum. His site is very informative. Anyone cooking over lump should visit.

I visit the E-gulett a couple of times a day. For those that are interested in sous-vide, there are many pages there, as well as thousands on all sorts of cooking topics.
    ·
  • gdenby said:
    Thirdeye

used to post a lot to the Egg forum. His site is very informative. Anyone cooking over lump should visit.

I visit the E-gulett a couple of times a day. For those that are interested in sous-vide, there are many pages there, as well as thousands on all sorts of cooking topics.

we go to e-gullet from time to time. The SV area is infomative but geeeeez are those guys pretentious. I come here for the fun as much as the recipes. Pretty serious crew over there. I can only handle in small doses :)

·
  • Hunter - LBGE

Oxford, MS
    ·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,146
    http://bbqpitboys.com/

My four year old grandson loves the song .....
    Every time we go out to the egg he claims to have "his BBQ shoes on"
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • GBCGBC Posts: 58
    Every time we go out to the egg he claims to have "his BBQ shoes on"
    LOVE IT!!!  
    ·
  • MikeP624MikeP624 Posts: 292
    Seriouseats.com

Not really egg related, just general food stuff.
    ·
  • even though it's not a forum, we get most of our recipe starts from Cooksillustrated.com

·
  • BotchBotch Posts: 3,282

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
    ·
  • FanOfFanboysFanOfFanboys Posts: 1,845
    I'm familiar with most posted here. Good ones. I'll check out the others.
    Boom
    ·
  • rdmuddrdmudd Posts: 24

www.dizzypigbbq.com

great info and great people

·
  • tnbarbqtnbarbq Posts: 248
    The Smokering.  Good general que site.
    Scooter 
    Mid TN. Hangin' in the 'Boro. MIM Judge
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 7,063
    www.bbq-brethren.com

The wealth of knowledge there is astounding. And a fabulous bunch of folks cooking on all kinds of cookers.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,416
    Seriously, I go with serious eats, America's Test Kitchen, Cooks Country, and Cooks Illustrated. Also a few blogs like frontier woman.
    ·
  • Pioneer Woman, Necessary Indulgences, Rasamalaysia, graceyoung.com.

But mostly, googling for a recipe I'm interested in.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

·
  • chipmanchipman Posts: 51
    Coffeegeek and home-barista.
    ·
  • BrowninggoldBrowninggold Posts: 453
    edited January 2013
    Since I don't have a XL BGE yet (wonder if I'm the only person with that high of a post count and don't have my egg yet:)) my first hobby was home theatre http://www.avsforum.com/f/ Same Browninggold on that site
    ·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,683
    I have spent many hours and more on various Q sites and really can't offer anything else that will improve the knowledge level of the reader- but for general info naked whiz is about the best and the recipe section is top-notch, for Q info-amazing ribs; third eye, bubba tim..  I get inspired by necessary indulgence, nibblemethis and griffinsgrub for trying something new-and I always appreciate the insights and suggestions from all the posters here.  It's a sharing and learning journey-and it will never end.  :)>-
    Louisville   L & S BGEs 
    ·
  • If you are into coffee as much as you are BBQ:
    http://terroircoffee.com/

Mamuto (Kenyan coffee) is my favorite.  The site has lots of info in addition to selling coffee.
    ·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,461
    Can't post mine here. :D
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • Mangrates.com . Best ever
    Intended to post the same Eggcelsior. You beat me to it! ha!!

If its not memorable, its not worth doing.

·
  • GBCGBC Posts: 58
    Mangrates.com . Best ever
    Intended to post the same Eggcelsior. You beat me to it! ha!!
    Tell me more about Mangrates.
    ·
  • Would love to GBC. How much time do you have?? Long story short, it's a life changer - check out the mangrates thread - its on page two I believe. Sorry for hijacking... Couldn't resist!

If its not memorable, its not worth doing.

·