Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Brisket rub

Anyone have a good rub recipe for brisket , also how long does it take to smoke a brisket
·

Comments

• I have used so many rubs on brisket! Any pre-made or just try anything. Yellow mustard to make everything stick. Don't need to use the mustard however you won't taste it if you do use it! I coat all sides very liberally. No set time for a brisket. It's done when its done! Do a search on the forum, there are so many topics about brisket. Usually 1hr to 1.5 hr per pound depending on your temperature. Usually start checking at 190 internal and sometimes have gone over 200 until its ready. Low and Slow or Turbo! Try it all! I do like to foil, and cooler to keep warm for dinner at a specific time or carve after a short rest and serve. Do prefer the bark when you carve without using foil. I injected my last brisket, first time doing so, Cheesy Fantastico dressing, and it was great! Don't be afraid to try anything! Enjoy!
    ·
  • salt and pepper! That's all
    Brandon, MS
    ·
  • ShiffShiff Posts: 1,339
    Barry Lancaster, PA
    ·
  • John Henry's Pecan Rub.
    --wilsonhp
    ·
  • Thanks for all the good info. I  will post some pci's sunday.
    ·
  • JRWhiteeJRWhitee Posts: 2,665
    I like 50/50 Dizzy Pigs Cow Lick and Turbino sugar.

Large BGE 2006, Mini Max 2014 
    Founding Member of the Green Man Group cooking team.
    Johns Creek, Georgia

·