Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Pot roast on the egg

Making a pot roast on the egg today. Got a 4 lb chuck roast. Carrots, potatoes, onions, celery, beef and chicken broth, red wine, garlic and most important. A little dizzy pig cow lick on the roast. Will post pics later. Guessing a 5 hour cook at 300 in a open Dutch oven.

Sitting next to the egg enjoying a nice cigar but the smell from the egg is awesome. Going to need a snack to hold me over.

Garnerville, NY
·

Comments

• henapplehenapple Posts: 14,429
    What kind of cigar? Having a Tatuaje Coronu.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • robnybbqrobnybbq Posts: 1,783
    Arthuro Fuente Hemmingway short story. Accompanied be a Spaten Oktoberfest

Garnerville, NY
    ·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,261
    Sounds great. Jealous.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,429
    I love the anejo...too bad it's seasonal.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • You are obviously smarter than I - sitting outside with your egg and smoking a nice cigar.  I suspect you are further south than Minneapolis.   Attaching photo of a pot roast on the BGE - the best pot roast ever.  Enjoy.your meal!

Elmer Fudd

Minneapolis / St. Paul. Large & Mini
    ·
  • robnybbqrobnybbq Posts: 1,783
    Well it came out so so.  The meat was dry and the veggies were mush but I cooked the meat to 210.  I do not know what went wrong.  it was OK but not on my must repeat list.

I am in NY - Was a warm day for January.

Garnerville, NY
    ·