Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost Halloween and if you’re cooking on your EGG, you may end up with more people knocking on your door asking for pork chops than candy! In case you’re willing to share and want to please a crowd, we recommend warm Margherita Pizza, FGL’s Lemon Pepper Wings or our favorite, S’mores in a Cone!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

First Brisket - Success!

OK, thanks to all of you guys on here, my first brisket was a success.

I found a small brisket from Sams - only weighed about 4 lbs.  I coated it with a mixture of yellow mustard and worcesteshire sauce, then coated with Dizzy Pig Shakin' the Tree.

I cooked with the dome temp running between 275 and 300.  I only opened the top a few times toward the end to stick with the ThermoPen.  Drip pan didn't have any water in it. Used apple and cherry wood for smoke.  Here are some pictures since it didn't happen on here without them!  :-)

Again, thanks for all of the help on the forum - couldn't have done it without all the pointers.

Just going on...

About finished...

First slices...

Comments