Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Poblano's for lunch

MickeyMickey Posts: 16,436
Stuffed with chicken that had just been spatchcocked and both cheddar and goat cheese. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·

Comments

• ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,277
    Lawd that looks good Mick.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • I'd eat that !!!!!

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

·
  • Mighty_QuinnMighty_Quinn Posts: 1,878
    I'd eat that !!!!!

Yes! Right now please!
    ·
  • How were the poblanos? That reminds me of stuffed bell peppers.  I'll bet they would be the bomb on the egg.  Yep.......I'm on this one.  Maybe stuffed poblanos with a red enchilada sauce.  Might even be able to use these as a "Healthy" recipe!
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,436
    Chubbs, Gary, and Quinn thank you very much. Rusty, poblanos are outstanding. You still do not want to rub your eyes (don't ask).
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • Yeah........It ain't always my eyes that get me!
    ·
  • Nice! I'll be trying that soon.

·
  • td66snrftd66snrf Posts: 774

Mickey, I like your idea of opening the peppers on their side and filling them like a boat. Were they roasted before you opened them up and filled them or were the filled raw and then roasted?

Thanks Tim in SoCal

XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
    ·
    Raw, filled and then roasted.

·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,262
    You take out the seeds and membrane, then rub your eyes?

·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,300
    edited January 2013
    My wife dug the seeds from a few serranos out with her fingernails. I couldn't stop giggling.
    ·
    How about working with habaneros then had to pee. Can you say blisters? 
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,262
    edited January 2013
    Coulda been worse...good thing you weren't working with naga jolokias ;) 

·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,300
    Indeed
    33293786.jpg 95.2K
    ·
    That's like saying would you rather be burned by fire or burned by fire. 
    ·
    You take out the seeds and membrane, then rub your eyes?

After washing several times and just not thinking.

·
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,421
    Looks great, Mickey!
    ·
  • jlsmjlsm Posts: 848
    Fantastic. I love chili rellenos when done right, but usually they aren't. Raised direct at 350 for 20-30 minutes?
    Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia
    ·
  • IrishDevlIrishDevl Posts: 1,390
    Poblano a are my fave peppers and will be planted in the garden again for sure.
    ·
  • Did you take the skin off of the poblano after they cooked?
    ·
    @jlsm 400 raised direct. @uncledave no, I don't skin. It was fine. I did add a little oil to the outside skin before cooking.

·
    Linda wanted some chicken in for her salad so I spatchcocked a bird for lunch and saw the peppers when buying the bird. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

·