Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Party Q

Does anyone use the party q and if so how do you like it?

Comments

• I have it and I like it. Only issue is when batteries run down during a cook, but I've started to be able to recognize it by watching the Maverick. Then it is no issue to just go out and do a quick battery change. There is a great detailed review on the naked whiz's website.
  • rabdoggrabdogg Posts: 42
    edited January 2013
    I use it and love it. Just make sure to get well up to temp prior to installing on BGE. I replace the batteries for each cook, they have never failed during cook and I've done 13 HR briskets. I highly recommend, especially if you only need the grid temp.
    Green Eggin' in Lafayette, Louisiana
  • twlangantwlangan Posts: 285
    I bought one recently and tried it out on a pork butt low and slow overnight cook. Worked great. Batteries went dead at about 14 hours but I caught it right away and replaced them for the remaining 3 hours. It was rather cold that day (18F) so I may have gotten better batt life had it been warmer out. Despite that minor hitch, it held my Egg temp rock steady the whole cook.

Only thing I wish they would change on the PartyQ is add a DC input so it could be powered with a wall wart AC adapter - this would eliminate the battery issue on extended cooks. Once my warranty is up, I plan to add that feature to it myself.
  • I have one and like it very much. If you live somewhere that gets cold, use lithium batteries instead of normal alkaline to avoid them giving out during your cook. Lithium maintain their capacity as the temperature drops, alkaline do not. Good luck with your choice