Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Looking for recipe w/ honey

We are planning a birthday party for our soon-to-be one year old little girl. The wife is going to do a bumble bee theme and has requested some of the foods/snacks (my responsibility) to incorporate honey in some way. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Roll Tide
Killen, AL (The Shoals)
XL, Small, Minimax, and Mini BGEs
·

Comments

• This is for Smoked Turkey Breast with Honey Maple Glaze- very good

http://www.nibblemethis.com/2010/09/smoked-turkey-breast-roast-with-honey.html
    ·
  • FanOfFanboysFanOfFanboys Posts: 1,845
    Tell her happy birthday from the forum. For us when our boy turned 1 life got a lot easier ha. Things just started clicking. But what about honey chicken wings? Or bake a dessert with a honey glaze?
    Boom
    ·
  • Hmmm, those sound pretty good. I was also thinking about making cheese straws in the shape of honey combs. And I had a cheese and sausage platter at Central BBQ in Memphis that came with a dynamite honey mustard for dipping. Delicious!
    Killen, AL (The Shoals)
    XL, Small, Minimax, and Mini BGEs
    ·
  • DaveMDaveM Posts: 90
    Many of Bobby Flay's recipes use honey. Check out his web site. I think it is www.foodnetwork.com/bbqaddict Goes great in BBQ sauce.
    --Dave from Leesburg, VA BGE XL, Viking 42", Firepit with $16 grill
    ·
  • Crispix49Crispix49 Posts: 190
    When I do baby back ribs 3-1-1 style, during the hour they are in the foil, I coat the ribs in honey and wrap in foil to have sticky ribs
    Atlanta suburbs
    Large & Mini owner
    UGA Alum - Go Dawgs!
    ·
  • Central BBQ is great.  I love Haagen Das Hawaiian Honey and Sweet Cream Ice Cream.  Wings are great with a honey-base sauce/glaze.  Yeah it's one of Flay's key ingredients.  Also good on ribs, pizza crust, some cheeses,  Alton brown uses it as a sugar in baking.  You could make some sort of dessert bars with honey and honeycomb cereal.

This is a good question because I love the ingredient, but it is not the cheapest thing.  Perhaps it was the secret recipe in some cooking show?
    ·