Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Another Eggtoberfest question

Options
Q-rious Tom
Q-rious Tom Posts: 116
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm coming, to sample and look and (hopefully) learn. And fund a large for someone else to cook on.[p]So -- suggestions for hauling a large back to northern Indiana in a Honda CRV? I'm currently leaning toward locking the hinge and splitting the egg, so I can stash both halves large-end down for stability on the trip. Oh - and so I can get the beast out of the car when I get home. No way can I do 140 pounds un-assisted![p]Looking forward to meeting a bunch of the people here![p]Tom

Comments

• Sigmore
    Sigmore Posts: 621
    Options
    Q-rious Tom, It won't weigh that much with the guts out of it. I fot mine out of my back seat by myself by putting one hand in the bottom vent and the other cradled around the back under the spring hinge. Just have someone hold the nest closely by so you can setter down.