Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Free feet ;)

Went to my dealer today to look at egg sizes and they had a box of feet labeled "extra". I asked how much the feet were just curious and she said "oh just grab ya a few" so I got some free feet today!! I had given mine to another forum member and have since found needs for them so happily the owner of four new feet!!

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

XLBGE 

Comments

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    edited January 2013
    great score especially since they i dont think they make them anymore. i had a similar situation happen to me in chattanooga tn several years ago. i seen a flag flapping in the breeze and decided to stop in. got to talking to the salesman. told him my dealer was 2 hours from my house. he seemed interested in talking so i chatted with him while i looked at the smoking woods and came across a box of about 15 i asked him how much. he said take as many as you want i took four. now i have enough for my two larges to be used at the same time :D

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Sweet.  You can use the extra foot to hold your radar detector ;)
    Nice, I use them every time I make pizza for my pizza stone.
    Packerland, Wisconsin

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Lucky you! I checked at 2 dealers close by and nobody had any.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • AlbertaEgger
    AlbertaEgger Posts: 1,387
    Any idea why they dont supply them anymore, I bought a L last week and built my table prior to that. But i was not aware they did not have feet anymore. Our supplier does not have any. Not a big deal im sure but im not a fan of the egg sitting directly on the Slate slab. The slab is not perfectly flat, i am going to try and put some high temp lid gasket between the two if i can lift this monster.
    County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629
    Yeah my dealer charged me 12 bucks for three feet.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• shtgunal3 said:

I remember your post.

I bought my LBGE April of '12 and it came with 3 feet.

Apparently they still ship with eggs or my dealer just had a lot leftover. They had about 40 sitting in this box.

I'm buy a small or medium soon, not from this dealer, so I'll see if I get feet or not. Dealer is Lighting Unlimited in Tuscaloosa AL. Lowest price by far for 100 miles around me. Best service too. They actually have people working there that own and understand the egg.

XLBGE 
  • Same place I bought my large from.

XLBGE 
  • Bullibe
    Bullibe Posts: 132
    edited January 2013
    Do they go by some other name? I have been trying to find their phone number....thought I would price a small.
    I remember your post. I bought my LBGE April of '12 and it came with 3 feet. Apparently they still ship with eggs or my dealer just had a lot leftover. They had about 40 sitting in this box. I'm buy a small or medium soon, not from this dealer, so I'll see if I get feet or not. Dealer is Lighting Unlimited in Tuscaloosa AL. Lowest price by far for 100 miles around me. Best service too. They actually have people working there that own and understand the egg.

Redneck Riviera, Gulf Shores, Alabama
  • @bullibe
    I'm sorry. It's lighting plus.

http://lightingplusonline.com/

A small is 439. A small at my dealer is 569.

XLBGE 
  • Bullibe
    @bullibe I'm sorry. It's lighting plus. http://lightingplusonline.com/ A small is 439. A small at my dealer is 569.
    Thanks.
  • @bullibe

They are also having a spring tent sale, 10% off eggs and accessories, its a great deal when you notice their eggs are already much less than others.  I bought my large there last year, LBGE and plate setter for under 700$ new. The tent sail is going to be schedule sometime in march or april.  i called my local dealer yesterday to see if they would price match and her exact words were 
    "we've been having a lot of trouble out of that dealer, they obviously dont care about making any money selling eggs at that price."
    I said well it does same like you have the problem because im taking my business there.
    "well you should go ahead and buy it from them, they've almost put another egg dealer out of business in tuscaloosa. I dont know what we are going to do with them."
    ook thanks bye. 

all that being said, modern pool and spa did give me free feet!

XLBGE 
  • Bullibe
    edited January 2013
    @ MrCookingNurse

I think I will give them a call in the next few days
    and plan on an eggrunn this spring ! Thanks