Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

bb rib marinade

I usually don't marinade but anyone like them better soaking all night?
Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 

Comments

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    edited January 2013
    Just my $.02 but I'm not that big on marinades.  I know lots of people that marinate everything, but I just find it doesn't make enough difference for the time and effort.  It seems to only penetrate the meat a little.  I find that an injection gets much more bang for the buck...or just add the sauce after. I made a basic Thai beef recipe a while back where you just sear some flank then toss it in some sauce.  It was really flavorful and declicious...and it made me wonder...why do we always do it the other way?  Soak the meat and hope that some of the flavor makes it in and then throw out $3 in marinade :P.  It seems like the hot piece of beef really soaks up the flavor.  Maybe Nola will come along and explain if and why that is true! 

Derp...I just noticed the subject was bb rib marinade and I was expounding on marinates in general!  I have not tried a marinade for BB specifically, but I think I would arrive at the same conclusion.  It seems to be one of those meats people don't often marinate.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Herp Derp Derp....I agree with @SmokeyPitt on the marinade stuff. I once saw a food show where they went to this Cuban place in Miami. "Best Lechon Asado ever" they said. When I make it, it's a 2-3 day process with marinating and rubbing. The old Cuban dude stuck the full pork shoulder in the oven with nothing on it for 5 hours. Pulled it out, pulled off some meat, threw it on the flat top to crisp the edges and squirted mojo on it. "Best ever", the patrons said. WTF?!

I would not soak BB ribs. Probably only thin pieces of meat like one does with stir fry or fajitas just prior to cooking.

• U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,041
    Brine them. Works great on pork. I cup kosher salt half cup sugar to a gallon of water. Brine 3-4 hours rinse and let sit uncovered 3-4 hours. You can as herbs to the brine if you so choose I like garlic, clove and a couple puréed habaneros for spice