Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

SideKic update

Did some flank steaks in the sideKic 19 hrs at 135 degrees with a 600 sear on the grillgrates to finish...Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Lynnwood WA
·

Comments

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 13,810
    Looks good, how'd they taste?  Were they more tender, anything off?

·
  • doubledouble Posts: 1,214
    Tasted great yes very tender I am experimenting with hardly any seasoning at the moment and they still tasted great. My biggest problem right now is impatience. I don't let the grill get hot enough so in my mind I am not getting the perfect sear yet...
    Lynnwood WA
    ·
  • TN_EggerTN_Egger Posts: 150
    Prolly woulda been perfect if you'd used the Mangrates...

Monteagle, TN

one large and one small

·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,033
    Perfect... The best you'd ever had!
    ·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 6,688
    double said:
    Tasted great yes very tender I am experimenting with hardly any seasoning at the moment and they still tasted great. My biggest problem right now is impatience. I don't let the grill get hot enough so in my mind I am not getting the perfect sear yet...
    Looks good - Thanks for the update. 
    But I don't get it, you can wait 19 hours as the flank hot tubs away, yet you can't wait another 10 minutes to get a hot cooking grid? Patience grasshopper, patience...

Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
    @skiddymarker yep only a rare few understand me lol. When its in the cooler cooking away its outa site outa mind... When I'm standing looking at the hot fire with steaks next to me and its 28 degrees outside I just want to eat :-) but yes I will wait.
    Lynnwood WA
    ·
  • yzziyzzi Posts: 1,793
    So what do you think of the SideKic? Can't beat that price compared to the other units.
    Dunedin, FL
    ·
    Love it!
    Lynnwood WA
    ·
  • mwraulstmwraulst Posts: 131
    i got the sidekic 3 weeks ago and it has almost been running the entire time. i love it. Did chicken breasts and legs, sirloin, filet, 72 hr short ribs. So far i couldn't be more happy with the sidekic. I hope i never need their customer service, but i hear it rocks if we ever do.
    ·
    Yep I did need their customer service and they were great! Super helpful and they donated a unit for the weight loss comp.
    Lynnwood WA
    ·
  • Damn thing still isn't available on Amazon. I wonder if they are having trouble building them. Dollars to doughnuts price will be over $200 when it comes back...

B_B
    Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
    ·
  • I see GrillGrates in the photo, did you use them ?
    Ova B.
    Fulton MO
    ·
    Yep I like my grillgrates got them with the groupon a whilst back. BB I wouldn't be sure the last time they came available they were actually cheaper than when I bought mine. I would email them direct.
    Lynnwood WA
    ·
  • I got a set for Christmas , have used them once. Was actually impressed with how well they worked! I think they would be really good on a gas grill , to help with flame problems.
    Ova B.
    Fulton MO
    ·