Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Dear Cazzy.....

I just sent you a vac sealed package of white powder. I'm sure when the police show up at your door they will gladly accept your explanation that someone you have never met is sending you food additives for the purpose of gluing meats together.

Good Luck

Centex

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

·

Comments

• Hi54puttyHi54putty Posts: 1,610
    Hilarious
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,468
    Don't have on your kilt when you go to jail. Just saying..................
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • doubledouble Posts: 1,214
    Centex... Taking out the competition... I guess he can still compete and win the weight loss comp from jail!
    Lynnwood WA
    ·
  • SmokinDAWG82SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,704
    Wouldn't want to take it through the airport!
    That would be an interesting explanation,
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • Well....the bird is away. No way I'm putting my return address on that bad boy.Guess I'll know things went sideways when the swat team shows up at my crazy neighbor's house.

·
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 8,244
    Lmao! I still have your address so I'll be able to send the fuzz your way if need be!

Good stuff right here!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
    ·
  • cazzy said:
    Lmao! I still have your address so I'll be able to send the fuzz your way if need be! Good stuff right here!
    That's disappointing. Forgot about that.

·
    So I received the care package and thankfully avoided interrogation from the FBI.  It sure caught my wife off guard though...which was a good laugh.
    ·
  • :). Call me if you need some pointers.

·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,456
    C-T, what is all of the meat glue jazz?
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • soooooo......did you get it? Inquiring minds want to know.

·
  • Chubbs said:
    C-T, what is all of the meat glue jazz?
    Hey Chubbs- meat glue is an enzyme that bonds proteins. It's very common in stuff like deli meat and used in tons of commercial food preparations as well (chicken nuggets, mc Rib, hot dogs, sausages etc). It has become kind of fashionable to use in upscale preparations as well like this:

You can use it to glue bacon to chicken or glue chicken skin on fish, or any other kind of weird stuff you can think of. It's harmless and is present in your body right now (you could not live without it). 

Fun stuff and you can create some really good food with it. If you are going to try it, just start with a simple bacon wrapped chicken thigh or something like that. 

Like this:

·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,456

Man, I thought that is what you guys/gals were discussing. I am already trying to tell my wife it is not weird if she comes home from work and a huge hunk of meat is hanging from my ceiling in the kitchen.

I cannot imagine if she comes home and I have a headlamp and gloves on glueing bacon to jalapenos.

@-)
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • Ragtop99Ragtop99 Posts: 1,361
    edited January 2013
    Chubbs said:

I cannot imagine if she comes home and I have a headlamp and gloves on glueing bacon to jalapenos.

@-)
    I'm sure it will be ok once you tell her you're smoking them.
    =))
    Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,416
    Especially with a bag of white powder on the counter.
    ·
  • cazzy said:
    So I received the care package and thankfully avoided interrogation from the FBI.  It sure caught my wife off guard though...which was a good laugh.
    Funny. I just saw this so disregard my other post. I use a flour shaker to dust the meat. Seems to work really well and distribute it evenly.Lemme know what you think

·
  • Chubbs said:

Man, I thought that is what you guys/gals were discussing. I am already trying to tell my wife it is not weird if she comes home from work and a huge hunk of meat is hanging from my ceiling in the kitchen.

@-)
    Cazzy and I were laughing that we blew past normal a long time ago. Fortunately, I have a partner in crime as my wife is even more of a foodie than me. BTW- It will work great on ABT's. No more tooth picks!

·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,938
    edited January 2013
    Just don't glue your hand to your meat - that would be a tough one to explain to the wife.... :D

·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,468
    nolaegghead would like to re-post the above X_X
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • Just don't glue your hand to your meat - that would be a tough one to explain to the wife.... :D
    and the doctor...and especially if you have been handling jalapenos....ouch

·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,938
    Let me clarify - I meant the meat you're preparing to cook....  Mickey's mind is in the gutter.  ;)

·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,416
    That's the grown-up version of the kid's that superglue their fingers inside their noses whilst building model airplanes. That'll teach them to dig for gold.
    ·
    Lol

Chubbs said:

@-)

Cazzy and I were laughing that we blew past normal a long time ago. Fortunately, I have a partner in crime as my wife is even more of a foodie than me. BTW- It will work great on ABT's. No more tooth picks!

Indeed we are. My wifey is pretty supportive because she gets to taste and almost always enjoy my creations in the kitchen. I definitely enjoy cooking so I have no complaints that she can't cook.

My weird is normal to her now so not many things surprise her these days. That is until a package of white powder shows up in the mail. Lol
    ·