Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Migas with homemade Chorizo

For the first time, I made my own chorizo, using the Homesick Texan's recipe (thanks AE)
Click here.  It was far less greasy and much more tasty than the store bought chorizo.  That is a keeper recipe.

Then, I used it in Migas, which I don't have a recipe for.  I just add the amounts of eggs, chorizo, bell pepper, onion, tomato, and corn tortillas that I feel like.  Then, wrap it in a flour tortilla and put salsa on top.   Yumm.

Chorizo after mixing.

Migas.  I didn't do it all on the Egg, like the corn tortillas and the flour tortillas.  I did them on the stove.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
Just west of Austintatious

·

Comments

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 13,810
    Sounds and looks awesome.  I'll have to try it. 

Hey, didn't know you were a lieutenant general ;)

·
  • Sounds and looks awesome.  I'll have to try it. 

Hey, didn't know you were a lieutenant general ;)
    Thanks.

Yes, I'm a Lt. Gen. in The Army of The Republic of Texas.  When we secede, I will lead our forces agains't the Evil Empire of the North.
    :D

Dripping Springs, Texas.

·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 13,810
    Good luck with that...last I heard Gov Perry accidentally doubled down on his Vicodans and forgot to submit the treason paperwork to the feds required for secession.   ops.   
    =))

·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,030
    Hahaha!

He forgot the third agency he needed to send it to.
    ·
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 7,537
    Wow VI! That's pretty impressive sir!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ...
    ·
  • Nice, on my todo list.  Just need to get SWMBO to add to her honey do list.
    Simi Valley, California
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,168
    Very nice Mr. W. If you were to ever invite me to dinner please use that in a poblano somehow.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • Hahaha! He forgot the third agency he needed to send it to.
    It just dawned on me what your joke was.  Ahh, yes, the presidential debates. 

:))

He is such an embarrassment to The Republic.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,030
    At least he can rock Cowboy boots.

·
  • YEMTreyYEMTrey Posts: 2,219
    That chorizo looks great!  Nice meal.
    XL BGE and Mini Max in Cincinnati, Ohio
    "REMEMBER DUANE ALLMAN"
    ·
  • RACRAC Posts: 1,315
    Man that look's good. I love Migas ! On my list.

Ricky

Spring, TX

·