We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers
for a backyard grill out, some brats
before a baseball game or searing a steak
for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!
Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340
Made a deep dish Pizza last night using this recipe (http://www.greeneggers.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=1106526&catid=1 ) and the 14" BGE Deep Dish Pizza stone.
All things considered it turned out very well and wife and mother in law asked for seconds and to cook it again. Win.
- Make your own sauce next time. The store bought stuff I used was way too thin.
- Stone needs seasoned more
- Consider using place setter with legs down instead of legs up. don't think the pizza stone was getting enough heat.
- I am really bad at controlling temperature. No idea what I am doing wrong but either the temp is going up or it is going down. I am unable to hold a constant temp.
- When it is cold out nd you open the green egg it cools the dome temp down quite a bit. (Do you open up your vents little more to get it up to temp faster?
- When you put a non preheated pizza stone with pizza in a pre heated Egg it really drops the temp a lot and fast.
All that said I can't wait to do it again.