Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest | Youtube | Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.
In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center
! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.
Made a deep dish Pizza last night using this recipe (http://www.greeneggers.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=1106526&catid=1 ) and the 14" BGE Deep Dish Pizza stone.
All things considered it turned out very well and wife and mother in law asked for seconds and to cook it again. Win.
- Make your own sauce next time. The store bought stuff I used was way too thin.
- Stone needs seasoned more
- Consider using place setter with legs down instead of legs up. don't think the pizza stone was getting enough heat.
- I am really bad at controlling temperature. No idea what I am doing wrong but either the temp is going up or it is going down. I am unable to hold a constant temp.
- When it is cold out nd you open the green egg it cools the dome temp down quite a bit. (Do you open up your vents little more to get it up to temp faster?
- When you put a non preheated pizza stone with pizza in a pre heated Egg it really drops the temp a lot and fast.
All that said I can't wait to do it again.