We hope you all got to celebrate those tasty food holidays last week, we sure enjoyed them! We are even more excited about the beginning of fall, for so many reasons, but mainly for experiencing the cool, crisp air while being outside cooking up the best recipes the season has to offer. We especially love these Beer Pork Tenderloin
and Ground Beef Acorn Squash
recipes! Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here
Made a deep dish Pizza last night using this recipe (http://www.greeneggers.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=1106526&catid=1 ) and the 14" BGE Deep Dish Pizza stone.
All things considered it turned out very well and wife and mother in law asked for seconds and to cook it again. Win.
- Make your own sauce next time. The store bought stuff I used was way too thin.
- Stone needs seasoned more
- Consider using place setter with legs down instead of legs up. don't think the pizza stone was getting enough heat.
- I am really bad at controlling temperature. No idea what I am doing wrong but either the temp is going up or it is going down. I am unable to hold a constant temp.
- When it is cold out nd you open the green egg it cools the dome temp down quite a bit. (Do you open up your vents little more to get it up to temp faster?
- When you put a non preheated pizza stone with pizza in a pre heated Egg it really drops the temp a lot and fast.
All that said I can't wait to do it again.