It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers
or something cooked with beer
, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert
Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340
Made a deep dish Pizza last night using this recipe (http://www.greeneggers.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=1106526&catid=1 ) and the 14" BGE Deep Dish Pizza stone.
All things considered it turned out very well and wife and mother in law asked for seconds and to cook it again. Win.
- Make your own sauce next time. The store bought stuff I used was way too thin.
- Stone needs seasoned more
- Consider using place setter with legs down instead of legs up. don't think the pizza stone was getting enough heat.
- I am really bad at controlling temperature. No idea what I am doing wrong but either the temp is going up or it is going down. I am unable to hold a constant temp.
- When it is cold out nd you open the green egg it cools the dome temp down quite a bit. (Do you open up your vents little more to get it up to temp faster?
- When you put a non preheated pizza stone with pizza in a pre heated Egg it really drops the temp a lot and fast.
All that said I can't wait to do it again.