Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Swing rack?

18910111214»

Comments

• CGW1CGW1 Posts: 332
    @cortguitarman, are you referring to something you can suspend from the underside of the top rack??
    Franco Ceramic Grillworks www.ceramicgrillworks.com
    ·
  • @CGW1 Yes. I thought I read in an earlier thread that thas was being talked about.
    Mark Annville, PA
    ·
    we are looking at options for doing direct and indirect at the same time.  Final mods are being done on the small and medium 2 tier system also.

Refer to our forum and website for product announcements. 
    ·
  • Hi.
    Was wondering what the current wait period is for a swing rack for the XL BGE?

Thanks
    Brock

XL BGE
    ·
    @brock, fully stocked. :-bd
    ·
  • grege345grege345 Posts: 3,452
    Maybe this is a silly question but can the swing rack be used in conjunction with the woo3
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

·
  • tamu2009tamu2009 Posts: 309
    @grege345 I cut the handles off of my woo3 and it sits right on top. i love my swing rack and the woo is a nice addition to allow for raised direct.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    LBGE 2013 - MiniMax 2015 - Seemingly every accessory the fine folks at CGS sell - Fightin' Texas Aggie till I die - Gig 'Em - Located in the bright lights of Dallas
    ·
  • grege345grege345 Posts: 3,452
    That stinks you had to cut the handles I kind of liked the handle feature of thee woo
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

·
    Definitely wasn't ideal, but I had the woo and then got the swing grate and loved the swing grate enough to chop the handles off the woo. 
    LBGE 2013 - MiniMax 2015 - Seemingly every accessory the fine folks at CGS sell - Fightin' Texas Aggie till I die - Gig 'Em - Located in the bright lights of Dallas
    ·
  • HDmstngHDmstng Posts: 163
    Granted I have neither, but another option would be take the swing grate to a machine shop with a water jet and they could put a channel in the swing grate to allow the woo handles to fit through.  I imagine a clip of some sort could be used to help keep the swing grate on the woo for added stability.
    ·
    That would be a good idea if you have that option. 
    ·