Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

King Salmon

Options
Dinner guests tonight.  Wife wanted to serve king salmon so I went to the freezer and found 2 nice looking packsges of king.  These pieces of salmon are monster sized, one is over 2 inches thick. Well there are four of us dining but I sure I'll be eating salmon leftovers, yumm. Now have them in zip locks with a little evoo and raging river.I told her about some of the eggers are grilling romaine so she wants me to fix that also.  Have never done romaine yet and I don't like 1st attempts with guests but I'll give it a shot. Probably need to grill the romaine before I add the chunk of alder wood for the salmon.

Comments

• GrannyX4
    GrannyX4 Posts: 1,491
    Options
    Great looking salmon. I always make a new recipe when I have guests. Go for it. ;;)
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • burr_baby33
    Options
    Well, we ate it all. No leftovers. Three women and me, we ate 4 monster sized pieces of king, plus side dishes, plus some ling cod pan seared "bites" for appetizer, plus I did grill two stalks of romain. NEVER have I had salmon as delicious as we had last night and I eat a lot of salmon due to annual Alaska trips. I did prep the fillets yesterday morning and left them in zip locks with EVOO and raging river all day in the fridge. Could be the way the lodge gets the fish cleaned, vac packed and flash frozen before we have evening cocktails. It's probably sushi grade. Thanks guys on the tip on grilled romain, we ate it all.
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Wouldn't worry about the wood. But I would definitely not cook the romaine until the salmon was off and you let the fish smell burn off. The romaine only takes 45-60 sec per side on 350-400 degrees.
    Greensboro, NC