Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

What kind of music do you listen to while you cook?

Comments

• FockerFocker Posts: 1,905
    edited January 2013

Listen to everything.  One of my guys recently, and ayayron a couple of months ago, introduced me to this guy out of Seattle....Macklemore.  Even has a burger for his first album, "The Heist Burger" 

Good stuff, the entire album is solid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o193ZvBqi8s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QK8mJJJvaes

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    Hollin' bout huh, egga what!?  Huh, give a Fock egga what!?
    ·
  • Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 4,446

Last time this subject came up I posted this.  My tastes have not changed :-j

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8E0aZ387M_I

Pasquali Luciano
    Buon appetito to all the BGE family
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

·
  • My tunes are playing everyday.  I don't watch much TV and I have watched a pro football game in years.  In fact I have not watched any football this year.  I have a Netflix account and watch movies mostly.  I will catch the weather forecast every morning and maybe 10-15 minutes of news, if you want to call it that.  My music has been going for 42 years now and I don't plan on stopping.

Simple ingredients, amazing results!
    ·
  • Mamas & Papas, Beatles, Simon & Garfunkle, Jim Croce, Willie Nelson, The Seekers, Cat Stevens, etc.

Figured you for a hippy!

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • TUTTLE871TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316

Pandora Radio (Hank 1,2 and 3) Waylon, Willie, Eric Church, Brad Paisley, Sir George, and maybe if Im feeling crazy some 80's stuff.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

·
  • frankc623frankc623 Posts: 163
    iHeart - brad paisley, zac brown band, dave ramsey; avenged sevenfold
    L-BGE | Westminster, MD
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,965
    TUTTLE871 said:

Pandora Radio (Hank 1,2 and 3) Waylon, Willie, Eric Church, Brad Paisley, Sir George, and maybe if Im feeling crazy some 80's stuff.

Love me some Hank 3 (and the other two as well)

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • I'm 58 years old. I listen to everything from Buddy Holly to hard driving rock and roll to classic jazz to blues. I've got classical to different types of fusion. My music collection is quite eclectic. What I'm listening to depends on my mood. It also depends on what age-appropriate drink I have in my hand; cold beer ... Rock and roll. Single malt scotch ... Jazz/blues or classical.
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,812
    Galactic
    Trombone Shorty
    Eels
    White Stripes
    Radiohead
    Spoon
    Pixies
    Flaming Lips
    Cake

·
  • allsidallsid Posts: 416
    I have to say that my musical taste was more like SamFerrise than any of the other folks who chimed in, but nolaegghead brings some amazing music to the party as well, and extra props to nolaegghead for having what I would assume are the local act for him Galactic on the tops of his list!  

It does not surprise me how many folks like mainstream country music and that is fine, it just is not for me.  When I think country, I think whiskey drinking country or campfire music as I like to call it.  The Gourds out of Austin are a favorite mixing many genre's of twang into one spicy barrel.  
    Seldom if ever do I have the patience to listen to an entire album but other favorites for me would be, The White Album, Paul's Boutique, both Yankee Hotel Foxtrot & A ghost is born by Wilco, and Ween's 12 greatest country hits.  Ween also gets special consideration for many of their tunes served a la carte.
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,403
    allsid said:
    I have to say that my musical taste was more like SamFerrise than any of the other folks who chimed in, but nolaegghead brings some amazing music to the party as well, and extra props to nolaegghead for having what I would assume are the local act for him Galactic on the tops of his list!  

It does not surprise me how many folks like mainstream country music and that is fine, it just is not for me.  When I think country, I think whiskey drinking country or campfire music as I like to call it.  The Gourds out of Austin are a favorite mixing many genre's of twang into one spicy barrel.  
    Seldom if ever do I have the patience to listen to an entire album but other favorites for me would be, The White Album, Paul's Boutique, both Yankee Hotel Foxtrot & A ghost is born by Wilco, and Ween's 12 greatest country hits.  Ween also gets special consideration for many of their tunes served a la carte.
    You are my new best friend. That is my favorite Beastie Boys album. The Billy Bragg & Wilco sessions is a great rendition of Mermaid Avenue, BTW. Jeff Tweedy is fantastic.

I saw WEEN at the 930 club in DC back in high school. Who new huffing scotchgard could produce such art.
    ·
    Thanks allsid. 

This is a cool album - the Beastie Boys recorded this jazz instrumental back in '96.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_In_Sound_from_Way_Out!_(Beastie_Boys_album)

Check it out...I guarantee you've heard parts of it before - it's used for all kinds of radio and TV shows.

·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,467
    Jimmy Buffett, Rod Stewart, Billy Joel, Brooks & Dunn,  Lyle Lovett, the Platers will get me started
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • HashmakerHashmaker Posts: 149
    edited January 2013
    Tool
    Gov't Mule
    CCR
    Guns n Roses
    Eagles
    Live
    Led Zeppelin
    Eric Clapton
    Dwight Yoakam
    Ronnie Milsap
    ·
  • GK59GK59 Posts: 501

I like Watercolors on XM. As I'm listening to Tim Bowman -Summer Groove right now. But I like SamFrisse 's list.

Sorry for the pause. Needed a sip of JB Manhattan. Now if the neighbors are gone and I can cran it a bit , some 70's or 80's R&R .Oh wait Boney James is playing Grassin' on the grass.

Well gotta go. To windy in Bay City to grill. Going to Coonan's Pub for a burger and a cold one.

Later days.

Smitty's Kid's BBQ

Bay City,MI

·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,351
    edited January 2013
    Mickey said:
    Jimmy Buffett, Rod Stewart, Billy Joel, Brooks & Dunn,  Lyle Lovett, the Platers will get me started
    I assume you mean the Platters old boy. Not sure I would really want to see you "started"
    8-X

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • DnlDnl Posts: 12
    We fill our house with Pandora music thru our Sonos. Collective Soul, Boston or B.T.O stations are my favorite.
    ·
  • doubledouble Posts: 1,214
    Check out these guys they are just moving across to the USA.
    Lynnwood WA
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,351

Good band. Irish? Kinda remind me of these boys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsj9fXH2Psw&feature=player_detailpage

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • doubledouble Posts: 1,214
    South African I went to school with one of them.
    Lynnwood WA
    ·
  • It's the faint clink of ice in an adult beverage and the quiet sound of the egg heating up...followed by the sound of meat sizziling away...it doesn't get any better than that?

Rockwall Texas, just east of Dallas where the humidity and heat meet! Life is too short to get caught in the fast lane behind somebody slow!

XL, LG, Sm, Mini and Weber for drink holder

·
  • TUTTLE871TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    It's the faint clink of ice in an adult beverage and the quiet sound of the egg heating up...followed by the sound of meat sizziling away...it doesn't get any better than that?

Thats a good one.

I used to live in Rockwall (Chandlers Landing) years ago. It was grown up alot out there now.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

·
  • BrownieBrownie Posts: 1,023
    you guys need to listen to "Marys Kitchen" by Old Crow Medicine Show. It's an absolute must for any BBQ enthusiast!
    ·
  • SmokinDAWG82SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,704
    Brownie said:
    you guys need to listen to "Marys Kitchen" by Old Crow Medicine Show. It's an absolute must for any BBQ enthusiast!
    Love me some OCMS, got em on my cooking playlist
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
    edited January 2013
    Cracklins:  "fine pork skin"

Hope you like & try some other samplings of these fellars-

·
  • TUTTLE871 said:
    It's the faint clink of ice in an adult beverage and the quiet sound of the egg heating up...followed by the sound of meat sizziling away...it doesn't get any better than that?

Thats a good one.

I used to live in Rockwall (Chandlers Landing) years ago. It was grown up alot out there now.

I'm in Heath. Yes,it's grown up.
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!
    ·
    Turtle Soup-  Which one tastes better to you?

or

I'm seriously guessing that no one on this forum could give a care, but who knows..  could be a few folks lurking- 
    ·
    I egged tonight to the pixies radio feed on MOG.    Had it cranked up in the manbearcave with a door open, probably drowned out any traffic for 3 blocks.  Ears bled a little, but a small price to pay.

One of the best Pixie songs ever (you might remember it from Fight Club when the financial district is going through it's worst bear market ever).  Here it is.  Country style with someone's home video of cats n dogs.

·
    Where is my mind?

·