Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Salmon

Options
I suppose this is the BGE equivalent of baked salmon.

Done indirect using a Woo and stone instead of dragging the PS out.  I did this because I was being lazy, but I note that the stone leaves a lot more air space around the edges.  This seem like it might be a good thing for this cook.

Indirect, 400 until the internal was 150-160.  Homemade rub of garlic powder, paprika, chili powder, sea salt, cracked pepper, and raw sugar.  Was pretty good, but I will go heavier on the ingredients next time.

Served with tomato and steamed green beans.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

Comments

• Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    Great looking meal.  I sometimes use kahlua and maple syrup for a different flavor taste..
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Looks great Dcc, I prefer lemon over lime. Dill, sea salt, pepper and maybe a touch of ground ginger, suspend in a soy paste is always a favorite. 
    Had green beans tonight with our chicken, SWMBO must have received the "memo".....
    ;)
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!