Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Anyone know if I use a table nest is a paver or pice of ceramic nessasary??

I built a new table and I am going to use a nest...do iI need to use a piec of tile under the nest??
·

Comments

• SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,145
    There is no doubt the 2" space provided by a table nest will be OK from a heat perspective, BUT, any ash that falls out will not care if it falls 2" or 2'.... Still a strong fire possibility...
    A fire "proof" surface under the nest is the best solution. 
    I have a table nest with tile under the egg. 
    IMGP2480.jpg 875.1K
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,468
    Just what Skiddy said.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • I never thouh of the hot ash falling on it  I am kind of new to the BGE
    ·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,145
    Skookum looking table, if you can find a piece of stainless steel or even black metal if you don't want the higher profile of a paver. Even a a couple of loose lay 16"X16" dark tile, matching your top would do. They do not have to be cemented, the egg weight will keep them in place. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • OziEggOziEgg Posts: 48
    When I got sick of waiting for the table nest I ordered from BGE direct to show up I used paving stones.

It works fine and I think it looks ok too.

Still waiting for the table nest by the way....
    ·
  • BullibeBullibe Posts: 132
    If you have the cut out piece of granite, that would look cool under it. Nice table, by the way !
    Redneck Riviera, Gulf Shores, Alabama
    ·