Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It feels as though we’ve waited forever for college football to start, and finally the wait is over! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are sure to become fan favorites. As an added bonus, the day before Labor Day is National Bacon Day and we don’t know about you, but we like putting bacon on anything and everything, so we’ll definitely be celebrating that. It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Mmmm beef back ribs

U_tardedU_tarded Posts: 1,168
edited October 2012 in EggHead Forum
I don't think beef ribs get the props they deserve. I always find racks that are super meaty at the local grocery store for super cheap 4-5$ for 4-5 bones and about 2.5-3 pounds.

Tonight I came across a rack 2.5 pounds nice and thick. Started the egg with about 4 mesquite chunks and let it settle in to about 300 (dome indirect) because it was getting late and I new I didn't have all night to wait on dinner. Rubbed with sea salt, fresh ground black pepper, garlic powder and onion powder while the egg came up to temp/stabilized. Just over three hours and about a dozen Sams octoberfests this is the results. No spritzing no wrapping just set it and forget it. The simple joys of BBQ. Sorry no before pics I wasn't thinking about posting.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

And they actually had a solid smoke ring something very hit or miss especially on beef for me.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Comments