Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Hop on down to your nearest EGG dealer this week to pick up some Easter EGGcessories! Here are a few that may be useful for Easter, the V-rack, electric charcoal lighter and flexible skewers! Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Mmmm beef back ribs

U_tardedU_tarded Posts: 1,126
edited October 2012 in EggHead Forum
I don't think beef ribs get the props they deserve. I always find racks that are super meaty at the local grocery store for super cheap 4-5$ for 4-5 bones and about 2.5-3 pounds.

Tonight I came across a rack 2.5 pounds nice and thick. Started the egg with about 4 mesquite chunks and let it settle in to about 300 (dome indirect) because it was getting late and I new I didn't have all night to wait on dinner. Rubbed with sea salt, fresh ground black pepper, garlic powder and onion powder while the egg came up to temp/stabilized. Just over three hours and about a dozen Sams octoberfests this is the results. No spritzing no wrapping just set it and forget it. The simple joys of BBQ. Sorry no before pics I wasn't thinking about posting.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

And they actually had a solid smoke ring something very hit or miss especially on beef for me.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Comments