Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Merry Christmas and may your holiday be filled with delicious food and loved ones...to help you devour the food! Our Holiday Entertaining Guide can help if you’re still making a Christmas menu. If you’re looking for fun, last minute holiday activities, check out EGGcellent Sugar Cookies, BGE Cake Pops, Santa Hat Brownies, Pig Candy or Holiday Drinks! See you in the New Year EGGheads!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Venison Backstrap recipes

I have a few backstraps in the freezer and I normally just butterfly and do the same ol' cream cheese, jalapenos, and red onions... anyone have any recipes you'd recommend? 

Comments

• GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,632
    I'm interested as well. the only way I've ever had it is chicken fried. can you explain your recipe more @leechrg?

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• leechrgleechrg Posts: 19
    yeah it's pretty simple... I do this with most wild game and it is really good, but I get tired of it. I take a full backstrap, marinate in moore's, dales, etc. butterfly the backstrap, then stuff with cream cheese, jalapenos, and chop up red onions then get some butcher's twine, wrap, and season with Southern Flavor and indirect on the egg at 350 degrees until meat is 140 degrees. 

I do the same thing with duck breasts. I take the meat off of both sides of the breast and with a sharp knife cut a pocket in each breast, stuff with the same ingredients above, marinate, seaason, and grill or indirect until done. Very tasty.