Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Attn: BGE. Forum upgrade

MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 3,985
edited January 2013 in EggHead Forum
Hey guys that run the forum. Was wondering if we could get a thread subscribe button. Something to we're when we like a thread and want to follow it we can click it and it will notify us of when a post has been made. Maybe a follow thread button. Make it to were we can unsubscribe from them later or either they'd just fall off after a while.

Edit: add this or the bookmark function to the mobile or iPhone version

Thanks.
Ryan

Ps. Fellow members if you agree could you like this

LBGE & SBGE (big momma and pat)
·

Comments

• this is common in other forums  was surprised this was not available here. +1

·
  • kbutler84kbutler84 Posts: 101
    Semi-related...is there a way to search on the mobile site?
    ·
  • Mighty_QuinnMighty_Quinn Posts: 1,878
    Isn't the bookmark function the same thing? I'm pretty sure you can set it up so you get a notification when someone posts in a thread you bookmark...
    ·
  • Something inline of Thread Sarter also. When the original poster posts again in the thread.
    ·
    edited January 2013
    just checked....you can set it up to notify you when someone posts in a thread you bookmark. Notification preferences under 'edit profile'. you can choose a popup notification here and/or you can get an email notification.
    ·
  • just checked....you can set it up to notify you when someone posts in a thread you bookmark. Notification preferences under 'edit profile'. you can choose a popup notification here and/or you can get an email notification.

You can't bookmark on the mobile can you? I never use a computer

·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 10,996
    edited January 2013
    Isn't the bookmark function the same thing? I'm pretty sure you can set it up so you get a notification when someone posts in a thread you bookmark...
    +1

Whenever I bookmark a thread, I get an email notification with the new poster's comment. Perhaps it is something one has to select in "personal settings".

I would like to see a search feature for the mobile site as well. Clicking the "full site" link isn't that bad but it is very convenient to only have to scroll up and down. Especially when one is using their phone as the recipe book in one hand and working with the other. 
    ·
    without checking to know for sure, I think the star to click to mark a bookmark is there but don't think you can access your bookmark list...
    ·
    so the star icon icon is there but get an error when clicking it on iphone...seems like the forum issue here is that it needs to have full functionality on the mobile site.
    ·
    edited January 2013
    I just checked. It does exist already. Go into "My profile", then click "Edit profile"

Click "Notification preferences" on the list towards the left.
    ·

·
    edited January 2013
    Here is the screen shot
    ·
    Dammit, lets try again
    ·
  • Cool. I don't see the star button on the iphone

·
    edited January 2013
    @Mighty_Quinn
    You beat me to it while I was brain farting that screen shot.

I am able to bookmark on my Galaxy S3, perhaps it is an iPhone interface issue?
    ·
    edited January 2013
    It's on the very far right of each thread title on the homepage...doesn't work though. OP---click "full site" at the bottom of the mobile site and you have bookmarks on iPhone....
    ·
    @Mighty_Quinn
    You beat me to it while I was brain farting that screen shot.

I am able to bookmark on my Galaxy S3, perhaps it is an iPhone interface issue?

yep...probably an IOS thing. stupid iPhone.
    ·
    now that i'm paying attention more, after I get the error message using the star icon on mobile site when I go back to homepage, the thread is bookmarked (star highlighted yellow) so it still works even though I get error...still no way to access bookmark list without using "full site"
    ·
  • Ah. Well then it's the blasted iOS

·
  • If you do not have the option to view the site in "desktop view" then you need to do some research. Get a browser on your phone that will allow you to view the site as it was meant to be viewed. and you will be golden.

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity and are able to turn both to their advantage."

·
  • I have the option to go desktop or full site. I'm saying the bookmark and notification needs to be added to iphone

·
  • MikeP624MikeP624 Posts: 292
    What star icon? Dont see it on my galaxy s3
    ·
    Go to the thread list, not the specific thread. Click on the star to the far right. Press it, it will
    highlight and open the thread. Press the return button, the star is yellow.
    ·
    Now, with the bookmark starred...
    ·
  • Holy cow. I see the star! So this will notify when this thread is updated? Or will go to the bookmark and it'll b there?

·
    It will. I was just notified of your post.
    ·
    Pic's or it didn't happen...
    ·
  • Big ballin! Thanks dude!

·
  • BENTEBENTE Posts: 8,337
    i went to the iphone app store are ya'll just doing it through safari? or is there a specific app i can look up?

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

·
    chrome is good @BENTE
    ·