Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It feels as though we’ve waited forever for college football to start, and finally the wait is over! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are sure to become fan favorites. As an added bonus, the day before Labor Day is National Bacon Day and we don’t know about you, but we like putting bacon on anything and everything, so we’ll definitely be celebrating that. It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Ribs.. Elvis Style!

Every year on Elvis' birthday, I think about those Memphis style ribs I ate when I was there. They looked like someone had poured motor oil on them. They were excellent. Does anyone have a good recipe for some Memphis Style sauce?

Comments

• jlsmjlsm Posts: 727
    Check out amazing ribs.
    Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 14,023
    On a business trip I found Corkeys and had dinner there 3 of the 5 nights. Ok, before you say it, I have been told much better ribs in Memphis but I stayed at Corkeys. Anyway, I thought the big thing about Memphis Ribs was they were dry?
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini.... 5th Salado EggFest is March 14, 2015

• MickeyMickey Posts: 14,023

This is how I am doing ribs now:

Did baby backs for lunch a while back. (Sorry but I can't remember who I got this from.)
    350 indirect 1hr 40 min.
    Pull membrane , rub. Put on at 350 and leave the hell alone for about that time. I opened 15 min early and sauced my half rack. This is called turbo ribs and I will never go back to 4 and 5 hour ribs.
    Note: with or w/o mustard works
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini.... 5th Salado EggFest is March 14, 2015