Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Brisket (Almost ruined it)

Options
Plano_JJ
Plano_JJ Posts: 448

I did a 7lb CAB that I got at Sam's. Rubbed it the night before with Worcesterchire sauce and DP DizzyDust and Cow Lick. First problem was I got started late due to early commitments (my mistake) Got it on about noon and about 2pm, the *&%( fire went out! Never had this happen. Guess I'm not used to cooking at 225. Had to speed up the cook by cooking at 250-300. Anyway, got it fired up again and took it off at 190 at 7PM (people were waiting to eat, LOL) To make a long story short, I did not get to let it rest in the ice chest. It did however, rest wrapped in foil for about 30 min. The flavor was good, decent bark and had good smoked taste. I used Pecan/Cherry chunks. Was a little tough but the family enjoyed it.

I wish: I would have planned better, would have been able to cook it the entire time at 225, let it rest in the ice chest for at least an hour. Live and learn. Thanks Cookbook Chip.

Sorry about the sucky pics, I had had about enough of everything by this stage. Any thoughts?

Comments